sticky gear box

larry the lips

hi guys,got an ALTEA 1.6 05 plate 11 months ago,within two weeks my whole gearbox basically collapsed,chewed itself up my garage said???anyway they reconditiond it and all was well.Now it seems to be sticking the odd time,rang the garage and told them,they said it was because its getting colder and they might stick!!!! Is this b***s***,really worried they might go again and i only have a months warrenty left.help:help:thanks guys...

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi Larry the lips, welcome to the forum.

Reconditioned? I would have thought a new one was in order if it 'chewed' itself! Bring it back but only after ringing Seat customer care and bringing it to their attention, tell them the garage said due to cold etc, but if it sticking after a longer run then it cannont be due to the cold, gear oil warmed etc.

Push for a fix/new gearbox if it requires more work.

larry the lips

cheers guys gonna ring tomorrow to get them to look again,will let ya know the outcome...

larry the lips

hey guys,the dealer said if anything goes wrong after the warranty runs out ive to bring the car in. he s fairly coinfident nothing will go wrong,and extended my warranty another 6 months.happy days.:happy:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise