sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

smeeo

hi mate, wired all mine up like you said but unable to use as a interference is unlistenable, a constant beep and even worse when ignition is turned on, what have i wired up wrong? thanks

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
smeeo,

i have no idea if you have wired it up wrong without having a look.

People have used my guide with no issues before so i would advise to recheck everything.

also if you have a whine or any interference it would suggest you have used cheap tat in the audio install and havent taken my advice to buy decent quality screened cable

Cainer

Nov 9, 2008
Where is the best place to get Hight to low converters from? i looked on halfords website and couldnt find 1 :(

Thanks

m0sch

JabbaSport K04 Cupra
Feb 11, 2010
Windsor
www.facebook.com
iv read through the pages but i cant see an answer to this so far...

im buying a sub n amp today and from the instructions pretty much know i need that black box thing but will that mean if thats connected my rear speakers wont work ? or can i use the converter for amp to power sub in the boot and still front and rear speakers ?

Last edited:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
iv read through the pages but i cant see an answer to this so far...

im buying a sub n amp today and from the instructions pretty much know i need that black box thing but will that mean if thats connected my rear speakers wont work ? or can i use the converter for amp to power sub in the boot and still front and rear speakers ?

so you cant be bothered to read the thread, but you expect me to be bothered to answer your question ?
.. interesting.

as a short, if you use a high to low converter you wont loose your rear speakers, but the rear speakers are crap and ar not worth bothering with. spend you money on a decent set of front components and a decent sub and you wont look back

LewisLeon

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol, UK
Great thread, looks like it's going to be a massive help.

Just to double check, am I right in thinking that essentially you send a signal from the Head Unit to the Amp (via some High to RCA converters) and then from the amp to the speakers?

Cheers, can't wait to get cracking.:)

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Great thread, looks like it's going to be a massive help.

Just to double check, am I right in thinking that essentially you send a signal from the Head Unit to the Amp (via some High to RCA converters) and then from the amp to the speakers?

Cheers, can't wait to get cracking.:)

basically .. yes.

:)

as another note :PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS

Please buy decent audio equipment...
im fed up of the PM's asking why my guide has made their sound system rubbish and introducing loads of interference.
buy good quality cables and converters as if you dont you will get lots of noise / interference.

for the RCA cables buy atleast double screened and 99% oxygen free. the screening keeps out the audio whine which is electronic interference from the cars electrical circuits.

simples

DanielFaith

Jun 22, 2010
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
is it true that instead of runnin high to low convertors off the rear speakers you can just use your cd changer plud and add an rem and audio outs to it.??

a company in derry made me a cable that plugs into the back of the hu where the cd changer plugs.. unfortunately this was of low quality and broke (waste of 15quid)

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
is it true that instead of runnin high to low convertors off the rear speakers you can just use your cd changer plud and add an rem and audio outs to it.??

a company in derry made me a cable that plugs into the back of the hu where the cd changer plugs.. unfortunately this was of low quality and broke (waste of 15quid)

i tried that.. but it seriously messed with my changer so i did it this way :)

DanielFaith

Jun 22, 2010
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
one last uestion for you.. on the rca adaptor it says front right pos, front left pos, front right neg, front left neg.. did u attach both rights and lefts to same side or did you attach them to corresponding speakers??

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
It may be a little early for me to answer this but:

INPUT TO RCA ADAPTER

front right pos = front right pos (speaker)
front right neg = Front right neg (speaker)
front left pos = front left pos (speaker)
front left neg = front left neg (speaker

OUTPUT OF RCA ADAPTER

phono L = Left amp input RCA
phono R = Right amp input RCA

Simples :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.