Superchips - Bluefin

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
So I was looking at options for remapping my car FR TDI CR and the obvious few are REVO, APR, P-Torque etc etc is they all do CR remapping.

And somebody mentioned to me bluefin, however I like the availability to take maps off and put back on service time and warranty work etc but don't like the fact RR aren't involved.

I then got told that superchips don't do a bluefin for CR engines however I emailed somebody there and got this reply...'Dear Oliver,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We believe it will necessary to carry out a procedure on the ECU which will then allow the bluefin to communicate normally through the diagnostic port. There is a labour charge for this in addition to the £365 for the bluefin'

I the questioned what the procedure that was necessary on the ecu and got this reply....'Dear Oli,

Thank you for your reply.

It entails removing the ECU, opening it and programming it on a jig. The ECU is flashed, the chip is not replaced.'

Does this sound familiar or has anybody had a CR bluefin unit. What are everybody's views??

Oli

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I foned up superchips today in manchester funnily enough, its 100 +vat for ecu removal and tinkering.

But the map is cheap at about 360

For my 1.4tsi it has the best gains. Up to 30 bhp extra and 50 newtons i think

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
They are claimed gains, just because they say you will get them doesn't mean you will and you can almost put money on the fact you wont

How is 360+100+VAT Cheap?

APR is £478 including VAT

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I foned up superchips today in manchester funnily enough, its 100 +vat for ecu removal and tinkering.

But the map is cheap at about 360

For my 1.4tsi it has the best gains. Up to 30 bhp extra and 50 newtons i think

can they provide you with a torque/bhp graph?

the gains look good, but it depends where in the rev range those gains are realised.

If you have to be revving the nuts out of it (IE 5000rpm+) then I dont think its worth it.

if the gains are realised lower down the rev range, then it'll be a good deal :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I fail to believe that superchips are still being considered over APR and REVO :rolleyes:

Price is not everything and when it comes to decent ecu files - you get what you pay for.

We've flashed a few EDC17 c46 ecus and the REVO file is ballistic! Not one negative comment about it, in fact there's one in tomorrow in the form of a skoda superb 170cr DSG.

Oh and we USED to be a superchips dealer.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I fail to believe that superchips are still being considered over APR and REVO :rolleyes:

Price is not everything and when it comes to decent ecu files - you get what you pay for.

We've flashed a few EDC17 c46 ecus and the REVO file is ballistic! Not one negative comment about it, in fact there's one in tomorrow in the form of a skoda superb 170cr DSG.

Oh and we USED to be a superchips dealer.

I agree

APR dont do the CR170 at the moment as far as im aware, so i would recommend REVO, Shark or maybe Darkside Developments

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I believe they have it in the development stages which is nice to see a company doing some r&d not just flashing and waiting for customer feedback.

Am I right in thinking APR replaced superchips as the software supplier in the VW racing series?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Sponsor, Some cars run APR mapping

Others run REVO, Custom Code

Makes me giggle everytime, one of the cars has got REVO down the side with a APR VW Cup stickers allover it

Darth Revan

I've had a Diesel Tuning DTE box fitted to my car at the weekend. I was looking into an ECU remap with REVO but after speaking to them, the thought of having my year old ECU taken out and 'opened' to remove the 102 bit encryption (invalidating the warranty) really put me off!!
I can happily report that this tuning box works a treat. I now have 205 bhp and 420 nm of torque :)
The car 'feels' like my old 170PD did in its delivery, but in the 'petrol like' way that the CR does it. Its fab :) really pulls hard.