Superchips - Bluefin

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Another sedox performance stage 1 map on my cr170 golf.
Dpf still in place and got 210bhp and 300ftlbs of torque and oh did I say absolutely no smoke.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Another sedox performance stage 1 map on my cr170 golf.
Dpf still in place and got 210bhp and 300ftlbs of torque and oh did I say absolutely no smoke.

They're good chaps those Sedox boys.
I'd happily go back.
Keeping DPF on will have most to do with your lack of smoke.
It's getting that torque up that gets the smoke going

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Fuel economy is the real bonus as I drive just about everywhere at 80mph and the mfd tells me total average is 48.8 mpg and each journey usually 50.3 mpg.
I've even worked it out from fill ups and its averaging 49mpg.
All this money I'm saving just makes me buy more mods.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Fuel economy is the real bonus as I drive just about everywhere at 80mph and the mfd tells me total average is 48.8 mpg and each journey usually 50.3 mpg.
I've even worked it out from fill ups and its averaging 49mpg.
All this money I'm saving just makes me buy more mods.

Haha

My wife bragged the other day that she made 53mpg and was still going up the other day. And this was on bendy roads too! Long drive though

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Get a picture of that dyno on here asap :) find mine on my RR and put it next to it
It'll be a good test of like-for-like tuning box vs custom map

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Well you know what... if it turns out to be grand and all the figures are nice (EGT, fuelling, o2, etc etc) and you're getting smooth powerful curves...then you've really done DTUK a favour by proving that tuning boxes are absolutely grand compared to custom maps.

If that's the case, and I knew this before I had my remap, I would probably go for a box as well.
Why not have the same (safe) power while having the option to remove the box and the SEAT dealers never being the wiser....

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Normally i would be...but took a 1/2 day. I normally finish at 2pm on a Friday, so you work up 1.5 hrs and get the hole day off for only a 1/2 day taken :) (They didn't have any slots in the afternoon available)

I need another job :( One that pays as much but gives me more of a life and flexibility

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I love flexibility and good pay :D

Yeah but don't you do stupid hours for weeks on end or something like that?

I'm in IT management so it's a million miles an hour between 7:30am on a Monday until about 7pm on a Friday.

Then kid stuff in the weekend, where i desperately try to squeeze in time for my cars

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
What job do you have??

I'm in IT management so it's a million miles an hour between 7:30am on a Monday until about 7pm on a Friday.

Then kid stuff in the weekend, where i desperately try to squeeze in time for my cars

I'm an offshore drilling electrical maintenance technician working on an offshore platform. My employer is a very big American oil company.

Work 2 weeks (14 days, 12 hour shifts) then home for 3 weeks (21 days)

Offshore2/3onshore

Only work 4 months of they year :)

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire

The joys of being a dad mate :D

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'd just like pay!

Also, it will be good to see a comparison of remap and tuning box. As stated if the tuning boxes produce what they should with a nice smooth curve then the flexibility to remove it is a huge plus for cars under warranty.