swapping tdi ecu's advice

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Im trying to swap a revod ecu for a standard ecu and have ran the adaption reset via vagcom, the immob is still flashing and remote cen locking still doesnt work, are diesels different as far as this is concerned over petrols.?

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
I thought you had to get the immob reset by the dealer?

I thought that the idea was to stop someone just swapping the ecu and driving away?

I believe when the dealer gets the reset code they dont even know what it is!

I maybe wrong though :blink:

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
i think you need immobiliser defeat by custom code , possibly revo can do this too -unsure, tried it today with my car and grants (grq) and it definately wasnt happening followed the procedure as u would a mk3 ibiza , on both blocks 17 and 25 and still no result, something to do with immobiliser3 i think , (mk3 immob2)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Have you looked to see if there's any procedures for this on the Rosstech (vag-com) site ?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
muddy yea there is all the details for immob 2,3 and 4 there we didnt have the skc's though and wanted to know of any workaround, ill tell the fellas to get theirs of the dealer.

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Stoney, you say I can get the code from my Dealer along with the date......
Will they ask me some awkward questions though if I do that? Can I phone them for this code or would I have to go in person do ya think?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I heard that on MK4s, they "etch" the cars VIN details into the programming so it will not be accepted on another car. Money for the dealer if it blows up!

It could be this, I could be misinformed though!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Stoney, you say I can get the code from my Dealer along with the date......
Will they ask me some awkward questions though if I do that? Can I phone them for this code or would I have to go in person do ya think?

You have to go in with your driving licence and V5 for things like that!

bellautos

i could Clone the serial eeprom from the working ecu and flash it on to the spare,, then the spare will start the car.

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
i think you need immobiliser defeat by custom code , possibly revo can do this too -unsure, tried it today with my car and grants (grq) and it definately wasnt happening followed the procedure as u would a mk3 ibiza , on both blocks 17 and 25 and still no result, something to do with immobiliser3 i think , (mk3 immob2)

Was a shame it didn't work, was hoping it would :(

Still at least the cars started after replacing the original ecu's, otherwise I wouldn't have been a happy bunny :wtf:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
haha you should have been sat in my y-fronts too, id reset adaption etc and was only 99.9% sure it would wtill fire up ok, that 0.01% is a cnut!