TCS Switch

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
Hi All,

In my recently swapped Cupra i've noticed where the fuel release button is there is a hole where it looks like another button was can anyone tell me is this an ESP or TC button as i have found one on ebay but dont want to get it if its the wrong one

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
There is nothing there to push just the connector that the button fits on like a 4 pin thingy is that right??

woukld the button just fit straight on and sit in the hole

djgurps

Will slot straight in mate, button should read ''TCS'' traction control syatem!

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Unfortunately you cant just buy the button you have to buy the switch as a unit
But its only about a tenner though

elduderino

Bump!

What did you do in the end??

I have the same problem on a Leon SE 20V, I have no idea how they managed to knock it out of place!!

To be honst the petrol latch is broken anyway so could I just switch the button over?

I need to turn it off due to this bloody snow!!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I need to turn it off due to this bloody snow!!

To be honest, I found it easier to drive with it on this morning. OK, it was kicking in virtually constantly, but at least I was staying in a straight line. Turning it off left me with a car that seemed adamant to put me in the gutter...

elduderino

Do you know if the one for the petrol cap will fit?

I know what you mean Slimy but I haven't tried it without as I cant!

No doubt I would put it back on for the tighter roads but the problem is I have looked out of the window to see it is snowing again here and sticking and I am parked on a hill facing upwards and last week (on the same hill) the TCS prevented me from getting enough grip to move!!

To make matters worse the camber is totaly out on driver side front due to a knock and needing a new strut/hub and an indicator light blew last night leaving the front one to go off like a strobe light when I want to go right!!

I don't think this leon is set for these conditions!! ha

elduderino

Cheers Chris, interested in the ESP button but can't PM as i'm a NooB

elduderino

Right,

Just been out on my lunch and for future refference on this:

The petrol cap button can be popped out quite easily (I used a mini swiss army knife I have on my keys) and it fits the ESP/TCS hole and works.... although once pressed a light stays on that is a Triangle with a ! in the midle and an arrow circling it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.