The Story so far on the exhanged LCR

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Hello peps

Right then, update time. Some of you might know my recent LCR purchase was not a pleasent one...some blamed me, others were more sympathitic (not sure if thats spelt correct!) so heres the story so far....

As from last night Im now the owner of a 55 plate Platinum silver LCR which has covered just 400 miles...sounds good huh, well its not as good as it could be!

Now remember this has only covered 400 miles and is like new, I take ownership and Im as proud as punch... but... on the way home i feel a strange judder under braking, now this could be cos its new and they need bedding in, but its enough to take the shine off...then i park the car and notice one of the jacking points is not fitted as it should be, not to worry i will just push it back..NOPE! comes off with a slight touch, humm that was a bit lose, oh well.... I notice there is a random screw stopping it from going back on, should that be there? I'd better check the other side... off the other cover comes and no screw... right time to put them back..... not a chance! ended up going to dealer who also couldny get them back on...its booked in on Saturday...FOR JACKING COVERS!!!!!!!

So I show it off at work today...what you think guys...."er should your rear door be another shade?" WHAT!!!! OH FOR F**K SAKE!!!! Now, I did look at the car before I signed on the dotted line, but it wasnt in direct sunlight...today it was, and to my total horror it has a different shade rear door...my heart sank to new depths...i cant believe it! I dont want to play anymore I fed up with the whole thing...I should have never gone back!:censored:

What the hell do i do now! [:@] :cry:

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
sorry to hear about that m8.. sounds like my worse nitemare too.. you dont expect things like that from a new car.. you dont buy something new for it to be inperfect!..you expect small niggly things but nothing like paint not even matching![:@]

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
uh! just go back to dealers and talk to then, or phone seat uk they seem nice people when i spoke to them! think you have a clause in contract, someone with more knoweledge/expereince??

MikeDov

I don’t believe this! Sorry mate, I hope it gets sorted for you :(

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
jacking covers are shi t on the leon you have to hit them from underneath with the wheel brace, is he door very noticable or is it just the light, you sure your not just being paranoid now?

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
it could be that the car you have now could have been used for parts when it was at the place the car was made as this happens alot. say if one gets banged when they are moving them about but that car is sold they take a part off one thats not sold so it gives them time to get another part sorted as now they no longer make the cupra r there is not a production line banging them out so they have to wait for the part to be ready and painted so that could be why the colour dont match.this does go on alot its very well known in the mtr trade but they will not tell you that and just say never heard of that but it does happen.

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
If you just tell the bloke that you didnt notice it before i'm sure he will sort it out, it's not like a dent, where you could have done it.
kick off enough and dealers will always buckle and give you what you want, thats if he being a :w4nk:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Was it a brand new car from seta or second had with 400 miles on it?
If its brand new from seat send it back and say sort that out, if its second hand then i dont think theres allot you can do

The Cupra Kid

Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
It was another ex Seat uk car!!! I should have learnt a lesson with the last one! But it was in the showroom and looked totally mint...why would i get a inspection on a good as new car! would you do that if you was buying a brand spanking new one...i dont think so! so dont be stupid!

I wish i was being paranoid, but im not the only person to notice it...people at work and even the parents!!! Its not mega different but its not the same...if you know what i mean...Im now finding myself looking at everyones cars to compare...no, really i am!!!

I think the comment from Mat might be right! Ive done my best to look very hard and I cant see a single tell tale sign its been done sine its been on the road...its too well finished...so I fear this might be the case. Not sure what can be done, as if the dealer says he will attempt to fix it it could make it worse!!! So do I live with it...not sure I can :(

Stu & Mike...I cant believe it...some one is looking down and laughin at me...and its not just RidDICK M3! ;)

Off to cry again now

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Have you never seen how the cars are delivered! If you dont check it over before you take delivery of your new car then theres not arelly anything you can do. You always need to check over the car, youd be silly not too

The Cupra Kid

Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Dont get me wrong...OF COURSE I LOOKED OVER IT! But some things you dont spot until your down the road...and dont tell me your car has NEVER been back for something! I've dont think cars like that exsist!

Anyway...! .....Im sure it will get sorted, if not im getting shot if it for something else!

The Cupra Kid

Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Oh, and as for cars being delivered... I brought my Ibiza Cupra (loved to bits) brand spanking new... I looked over that...in the showroom... found the back panel was dented, cracked and f**king rusty!!! The dealer had the nerve to stick there bloody sticker on it 5 inches away from it!!! I rejected the car and waited another 4 weeks for a replacement...me and Seats dont seam to mix! lol!

I was horrified on tuesday when I went back about the jackin points, out the back was a BRAND NEW Leon FSI jobbie... NO FRONT OR BACK ON IT!!!!:-o SHOCKING!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I would mate.

Send it back, get it done, if not happy keep getting it done until you are happy.

Did they say why there is a screw near the jacking point??? I must admit, they are a bar steward to re-fit once off.

Good Luck mate, hope it all gets sorted for you. Thay are great cars after any problems sorted.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members