Things that have randomly broken on my car since the cold weather

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
I've not had any infotainment restarts since the cold weather went. I've noticed Apple Car Play is now showing the full song/artist name rather than being cut at the top/bottom. I haven't updated my phone so it can only be part of the Cupra infotainment updates
Yep they took the male narrator off and put a female narrator on since the update seems a bit better but at the time got them to look at the air con as its winter im not so bothered but summer gone was only blowing cold air in not air con. They said basically the aircon unit isn't speaking back to the computer so they would need to strip back the harness for any breakage or shorts more turmoil got it booked for next month roll on the chain of problems /fixes. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Scriminjer

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
So an update from Cupra they done heaps of updates, took the Male Narrator off and im left with an Intelligent woman, I know my Lass is going to kill me right? :rolleyes: and to be honest it reboots now and then and not as bad, its itelligent enough to set your fan speeeds , and temps with Voice Control so i never use the fiddly dial on the Infotainment, hear so many vids about that, even it can spin a Joke and its really bad BTW :sleep: but fingers crossed they book it in later to book my Air con in. TBF its winter here and the thought of having the Artic Blast when getting in the car 3 Degrees is not much appealing of wanting to get it fixed, but last summer i felt like a plant in the Greenhouse with no water and having no air con in is a kick in the teeth indeedly 😓

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
The upper control panel (on the roof/headliner) seems to have stopped working on mine meaning the lights and pan roof controls don’t do anything. Thought it might be an electrical issue but they lights still come on when opening the doors and roof still works by holding the key unlock, weird
I've got the exact same issue, lights and sunroof controls don't work. Also had the issue when driving along where the blind opened on its own and the sunroof tilted!

Is yours working again? I'm booked in at the dealers so curious to see what they do.

Nov 17, 2022
I've got the exact same issue, lights and sunroof controls don't work. Also had the issue when driving along where the blind opened on its own and the sunroof tilted!

Is yours working again? I'm booked in at the dealers so curious to see what they do.
Managed to reset the panel for want of a better phrase. This was done by disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it. The dash board lit up on starting the car however cleared after 30 seconds to a minute, this was done maybe a week after my initial post and no issues since.

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022

My car goes in tomorrow for the sunroof problem and no reason emergency braking problem, blind going back and the roof tiling repeatedly for no reason, got a courtesy call the other day to make sure I was keeping my appointment so I mentioned that the technician said it would need a new sunroof module, I asked if they had got one in ready? There was silence then she replied I'll mention it. Great.

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
My car goes in tomorrow for the sunroof problem and no reason emergency braking problem, blind going back and the roof tiling repeatedly for no reason, got a courtesy call the other day to make sure I was keeping my appointment so I mentioned that the technician said it would need a new sunroof module, I asked if they had got one in ready? There was silence then she replied I'll mention it. Great.
Just got the car back, they'd booked it in for two days, got a phone call after about two hours saying it was ready, as predicted a software update and a new sunroof module is now on back order, if only someone at Cupra had some forward thinking they could have ordered one six weeks ago when I reported the fault and they said it needed a new module then for this known problem, oh well that's motor dealers for you.

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
Though not cold weather related....I hope....has anyone had their passenger side wing mirror change from how it was adjusted? I noticed it while in slow traffic this morning. It was fine yesterday evening and also on my way to work. While in traffic it was higher up and for a while I couldn't adjust it...it wouldn't move in any direction.

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Though not cold weather related....I hope....has anyone had their passenger side wing mirror change from how it was adjusted? I noticed it while in slow traffic this morning. It was fine yesterday evening and also on my way to work. While in traffic it was higher up and for a while I couldn't adjust it...it wouldn't move in any direction.
Oh now thats freaky... I had a rare trip to the office this morning and noticed the passenger wing mirror was not in the usual posiition, wasnt out by much but enough, i just assumed it was me, maybe it wasnt

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
Last time I tried to adjust the wing mirror for reversing the infotainment system started to do some weird things the following day so now I've left them alone.
I took the car in for the dealer to hopefully fix my many infotainment system problems and they updated the software to 1898 and said that should fix the problems, can't say I was convinced,
Today I start the car in Morrison's car park and slide the sensor to open the sunroof blind and the car starts to phone someone, I cancel it no problem.
A few miles later on as I stop at a junction in heavy traffic coming of the M4 in the second lane a message comes up on my screen between the speedo and rev counter briefly saying I have the wrong ignition key and the car doesn't recognise it, panic sets in as I think it's going to cut the engine but it then goes out and everything seems o.k., until the next time that is.
What will it take for VW to sort these problems out, a death?

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
Oh now thats freaky... I had a rare trip to the office this morning and noticed the passenger wing mirror was not in the usual posiition, wasnt out by much but enough, i just assumed it was me, maybe it wasnt

Oh dear....I read on another post from 2021 it was and someone else mentioned it but theirs was after an update. Never a dull moment with a Formentor

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
Last time I tried to adjust the wing mirror for reversing the infotainment system started to do some weird things the following day so now I've left them alone.

I took the car in for the dealer to hopefully fix my many infotainment system problems and they updated the software to 1898 and said that should fix the problems, can't say I was convinced,

Today I start the car in Morrison's car park and slide the sensor to open the sunroof blind and the car starts to phone someone, I cancel it no problem.

A few miles later on as I stop at a junction in heavy traffic coming of the M4 in the second lane a message comes up on my screen between the speedo and rev counter briefly saying I have the wrong ignition key and the car doesn't recognise it, panic sets in as I think it's going to cut the engine but it then goes out and everything seems o.k., until the next time that is.

What will it take for VW to sort these problems out, a death?

Yikes! Hope it doesn't happen again especially while you're driving.

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
Yikes! Hope it doesn't happen again especially while you're driving.
Worst experience I've had was when the car slammed the brakes on at 20 mph, a full emergency stop as if a collision was to happen.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Never had the car slamming the brakes on its own except on 2 occasions which really saved me from minor accidents, one time going to work in the morning and not paying attention to traffic being halted in front of me and the other when backing up from a parking spot and having another car passing by really fast which I didn't have the time to notice, in both cases I would have surely made contact to say the least and it would have been my fault. Few other times I got the red warning sign when taking some turns in close proximity to a wall or fence or a parked car but never had the brakes slammed. although I was expecting it. I believe it didn't happen because I either had to turn the steering wheel or had to apply the brakes anyway, even ever so lightly or both. From my experience I think that the sudden slamming of the brakes by the car happens only when you don't have your foot on the brake pedal on such instances. If you have it on, even slightly it wont happen and again if the warning appears and you put your foot on the brake pedal this will also cancel the auto braking unless the system senses you are not applying enough pressure to avoid the possible contact or collision. Yes, it seems frightening when it appears out of almost nowhere or when you think that you have full control of the car but it will cancel itself if it senses you really have control of the car, either by applying your foot on the brake pedal or by sensing you are having control of the steering wheel in order to avoid the collision.

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
My Front Assist was super sensitive driving to work and back home today. The assistant warned me I was too close to the car in front but there was a good distance between both cars then the big red warning of a possible collision came on but again I wasn't too close to the car in front.

When I was close enough to set it off it didn't do anything. I suppose I'm about to experience the emergency braking any day now.

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
Managed to reset the panel for want of a better phrase. This was done by disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it. The dash board lit up on starting the car however cleared after 30 seconds to a minute, this was done maybe a week after my initial post and no issues since.
Thanks for reply. I've resisted disconnecting the battery as it is going to the dealers tomorrow. None of the above head panel have worked for 3 weeks or so (interior lights / sunroof controls) despite the milder weather.