Thought my car was fast.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Today i got Revo stg 1.

Disaster.

After fitting a boost gauge to my 210 LCR i discovered it was peeking 28 psi and holing it fairly well. And the car was very quick. With plenty of torque in higher gears

Today after Revo i test drove the car before paying and i was nearly in tears as i have lost so much power and now it’s only boosting 22 psi peek and it drops of so quickly. The car feels so sluggish with very little pull in 5/6th gear.

The dealer did a diagnostics report to find nothing.

I know this map is better for my car and turbo but i cannot believe i have spent £499 + vat on losing power.

I am now off to investigate what the previous map was by contacting the last owner.

Suggestions and comments welcome please.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Yeah i know thats prob why it went like **** of the shovel.

Least i know what i have got now and can work from there, looking forard to stage 2 now.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Thought the actuator may have been played with at first but no signs of tampering.

The dealer said it had been mapped to 280bhp with recipt but i didnt beleve him after the recipt didnt show up.

Why did you have it re-remapped? IIRC a couple revo cars had this 28psi issue which was sorted for all with a revised code. Maybe the previous owner couldnt be bothered to take it back? I think stu-rox or something was one of em if you want to search.

28psi was pushing things a little tho.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes why get it remapped if your car was boosting at 28psi, did you think it would boost more :blink:

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
No, 28psi was way to high and i knew it, turbo life would have been short i asume.

Im trying to look at it in a good way as now i know what my car has and what i can do from there.

Im itching for stg 2 now after the power loss.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
No critisism of you Andi, but I'm always stunned that people get remaps without having a pre and post RR. There was no way that I was going to fork out almost 600 quid without some evidence that I'd actually received something.

If you'd have done a RR and the 'at wheels' figure was, for arguement sake, 230bhp then you would have known that Revo would not have done anything for you.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
28psi!!:-o

I would expect it to be pulling back massively at that level of boost

My st1 LCR peaks at just over 20 and holds 18 really well. On occaison I see it peak at 24 but rarely, odd though.

I'm using a 'C' N75 atm as the F valve tends to surge. Still get a bit ouf bounce on the gauge under load though.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Thank you all for your input.

Main reasons i got Revo Stg 1 is because im aiming for revo stge 2 with the other Upgrades needed. And now i know exactly what map i have and where to go from here.

SPEEDSIX, you mention surging. I have that when cruising at aprox 75mph. I have the 'J' valve. Is the 'H' valve any better or is this all Myth ?

Thanks again.

daniel_owen_uk

Aug 24, 2006
Chesterfield
I don't quite get this Andi, not trying to patronise, just trying to understand a little.

If the car was boosting to 29psi, then you must have surely known that a Revo Stage 1 would simply back this off? And if you knew that then why the tears? You seem to be smart enough to know the revo would back the tuning off a litte.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
I was hoping for the backing off of the boost, i know its not an real isue as others get more power at less Psi.

What i was hoping for was same power before Revo but less boost.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
OK thanks, ill get one asap.

Cheers again guys.

One Q: I would like a Full Supersprint exhaust for stg 2 revo. Is there a downpipe that will fit or am i better off with a Blueflame or Milteck ?

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
OK thanks, ill get one asap.

Cheers again guys.

One Q: I would like a Full Supersprint exhaust for stg 2 revo. Is there a downpipe that will fit or am i better off with a Blueflame or Milteck ?

Not as far as i know as supersprint has 2 cat sections to suit std dp.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Is a downpipe esensual to revo stg2 ?
What gains would i expect to see form a downpipe and at what cost are they ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.