Ticking from the engine?

ash_ibiza

Hi Guys, For a few months now theres been a ticking in the engine of my seat ibiza 1.4 when its cold.. was wondering if any1 knew if i had a good oil change and replace the tappets then would the ticking go, if not go then go quieter? Thanks

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Hi Guys, For a few months now theres been a ticking in the engine of my seat ibiza 1.4 when its cold.. was wondering if any1 knew if i had a good oil change and replace the tappets then would the ticking go, if not go then go quieter? Thanks

Does it rattle like a bag of nails on start up? Using a thinner oil when cold may help (5w-40) as for replacing the cam followers that involves removing the head.

giddy1

hi i have a lcr and it has 47k miles on it with a up to date dealer history when the bonnet is lifted the engine sounds quite tappy as i have just bought the car i am not sure if it should be making a noise i thought a low mileage 1.8t should be quite quiet please help anyone will be appreciated my friend tells me it will be the hydraulic tappets and not to worry as long as the services are kept up to date. help

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.