tinting back lights

Deleted member 36158

looking to tint my rear lights quite dark... been having a search and found a post in the Leon forum...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=172842

ideally i want them as dark as the first Leon. been looking at these on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FlyEyesKit-Car-Headlight-Tinting-Tail-Light-Smoked-Tint_W0QQitemZ220392594860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item220392594860&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

but not entirely convinced. looks like they could be easily pulled off or water will get in behind them etc etc. so I'm then thinking probably best to use tinting spray stuff. what has anyone else used? best way to go about it?
reading other searched posts it seems to differ from person to person as to whats legal and what will pass a mot. I'm not too bothered about the mot just now as its not due for another 2 and a half years, but i am more bothered about whats legal as i don't want pulled by the police all the time.

bizzaboy

Tinting spray is the obvious option but you could also consider tinting film, that you could cut to shape and fit over the light unit. With film, you can easily pull them off again if you were to have any issues (MOT/Police).

Checkout Evo's recent thread in the Mk4 section, he has tinted (using spray) a set of FRONT light covers - this look might actually turn out very well on rear lights as you can get away with them being darker anyway! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
I had mine sent away to be professionally done.

Worth it in my opinion

Find a nice set of lights that you like LED's Rings or what ever then send the off to a professional.

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Take it easy there is a shitty chav box locally that the lights are so dark on that they are rendered almost useless!

That's why I got mine done by a professional

They look dark but you can see the lights still so clearly when I brake etc.....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.