To keep my LC or go for a LFR (PD150)????

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
hi all,

after working out how much i could save on fuel etc, im starting to look towards the Leon FR, ive heard they are very good when remapped and are bullet proof? I thought diesels didnt like revving much? And can they really take a good hammering as i drive fairly hard.

Ive been thinking of either saving up for an FR or keep the Cupra and remap it, but lately been looking into how much i could save and still have a car thatll suprise a few people with black soot lol :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Look at the cost to change (difference in price between the cars) and work out what mpg you're likely to get with your driving.

It may take you longer than you imagine to recoup the 'savings'

Unless of course you're going to get rid of the old Leon anyway.... in which case it's a no brainer

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
hmmm very true. Its just im putting in 20 quid and only getting 110 miles out of my leon 20v. Is there alot of difference in performance figures??? I know my Cupra would be quicker once in the higher gears... but just want to here from people who have preferably had both cars? Is the pd150 bullet proof?

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i have a stage 1 revo fr tdi and if i drive carefully i can see over 60mpg still, but mostly around 50mpg as the fun to give it a bit more gas is always there

full tank of around 50-60quid should see me for about 600miles or 700 if i drive like a granny

mine likes to rev to aroun 4.5k or so and still pulls well and touch wood had no issues so far

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
i have a stage 1 revo fr tdi and if i drive carefully i can see over 60mpg still, but mostly around 50mpg as the fun to give it a bit more gas is always there

full tank of around 50-60quid should see me for about 600miles or 700 if i drive like a granny

mine likes to rev to aroun 4.5k or so and still pulls well and touch wood had no issues so far

sounds brill.... i really might start looking into these FR's. I think id drop the LC instantly if someone told me a mapped tdi was quicker than a focus ST lol. My stock LC isnt far off an ST stock so thats why ive been thinking about mapping it. But its jst the pure economy tats making me sway towards the FR.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
we may get more mile for a tank, but diesel is approx 3p-4p a litre more expensive
off set by tax being less
parts are same and obtainable from most vw/skoda/audi dealers and alo tps & eurocarparts.

as you know this site bleeds more money from you as well.....

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
hi all,

after working out how much i could save on fuel etc, im starting to look towards the Leon FR, ive heard they are very good when remapped and are bullet proof? I thought diesels didnt like revving much? And can they really take a good hammering as i drive fairly hard.

Ive been thinking of either saving up for an FR or keep the Cupra and remap it, but lately been looking into how much i could save and still have a car thatll suprise a few people with black soot lol :)

Remember you get the Cupra as well as the FR with the same 150PD engine. Ive also considered selling my 20vt Cupra for a diesel. Mine has been remapped and I normally get around 300 miles out a tank.

I'd hate to sell my pride n joy which has been trouble free and end up with a pig :(

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
we may get more mile for a tank, but diesel is approx 3p-4p a litre more expensive
off set by tax being less
parts are same and obtainable from most vw/skoda/audi dealers and alo tps & eurocarparts.

as you know this site bleeds more money from you as well.....

But we should really be running petrol Cupra's on V-power etc which is more expensive than diesel.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well my 150 is pulling 190odd brake and 290's ft torque (see seig for what it was recently)

i have a cupra , same as fr , badged different and newer fr's came with different wheels and silver mirrors

tax is 125 a year , insurance was about 2-300 cheaper than the petrol version

yep it does shock people as its a derv :)

yep id look at marks link it was on ebay recently , if he hasnt sold it its worth looking at , shelled a fair few pounds on it and will have all the mods youd end up doing to it when reading this forum, they make you spend lots of money :)

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
lol o i know exactly what you mean about this forum haha. Ive already started on my LC. But im eyeing up the situation now, we shall see. as i said i do alot of mile sin a week, so diesel might be the way forward for me. especially if im looking at saving a shed load on diesel.

SRStdi

Aug 18, 2008
Having owned the LC tdi and then a LCR i would never want a TDi again unless i was doing mega miles. The LC tdi was good but my mrs Fabia VRS tdi is a lot more fun to drive and feels faster.

Comparing the LCR to the LC tdi the LCR wins hands down... everything just feels soooooooo much better!!! Only thing i miss is the 450 miles a tank :)

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Having owned the LC tdi and then a LCR i would never want a TDi again unless i was doing mega miles. The LC tdi was good but my mrs Fabia VRS tdi is a lot more fun to drive and feels faster.

Comparing the LCR to the LC tdi the LCR wins hands down... everything just feels soooooooo much better!!! Only thing i miss is the 450 miles a tank :)

The LCR would always always feel better - thats a no brainer.

If somebody said here's 2 cars, choose one, same age, colour, same milage, but one is a LCR and the other a TDI then that is also a no brainer.

BUT people like me who want a good looking car, practical, economical, low tax etc and still fun to drive would chose a TDI like I and many have.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
i was gona get the petrol , until i looked into a tdi a bit ,
then found tax was £120 a year and a nice saving on my insurance , thats what twisted my arm , along with miles per tank

people were saying 2 -250 miles in the petrol , and i thought to myself i aint the lightest of footers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.