Toms TDI leon

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
No I not yet had to go shopping for birthday presents! I'll hopefully do it tomorrow... do you need hope clamps or can I let the fuel in the lines run out??

Sounds like print common stuff going wrong with yours then I've
done 3 out of door seals on mine just need to finish the last.

Sounds like you have had quite bad luck then hopefully it will Vange for you!

Mine really needs a full service, cam belt and water pump. But won't be for a while as I have a holiday,christening and then a m.o.t to pay for :( I also have a quirky suspension so will be trying to convince the wife they need replacing with new lowering springs and shocks but not having much luck at the moment.

Hey Tom, how was your day finding presents? I was suggested the hose clamps for less mess, I've never done one of these fuel filters before so wanted as little mess as possible, if you don't have the clamps, then have a lot of rags on hand and also be prepared to prime the fuel pump a lot!

A tip I was told was to fill up the new filter with fresh diesel to help prime the filter quicker and remove the air in the system! Don't turn the engine on until you've got as much air out of the filter through priming it with having the key turn to prime the pump if you get me? I can make a quick video to show you how to prime it tomorrow if you want? That or ring me?

Yeah, just the common wear and tear that's wrong with mine as far as I know mate, I've took a SHED LOAD of pictures today after taking the kids back to their mothers, there was a little sun out so took as much as I could so can start a readers ride soon! :D

I tried to take off the screw to get at my pollen filter and the head screwed off it, I was like WTF!!! :wtf: :rofl: Got a picture of that to show haha, though I think it might not have been changed at all... When it comes to doing the mirror bodies and the door seals, I'm doing them all in one go, I'm going to get it done and dusted in one day, save having to piss about another time! :)

Damn, well I feel you where the wallet is concerned mate, but either way, when I bought the car I had a full service plus water pump and cam belt kit done, I thought get that bulk out of the way first for peace of mind! :)

Hopefully my luck will change, I believe it will and I believe this car will do me proud, I just have to look after it!

Bare in mind the car needs a good go over and a damn good clean, so when the readers ride goes up I wish not to be judged on it! :D

Once I'm done getting what I need done to it, that car will be spotless and back to it's former beauty! :)

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
I hate shopping at the best of times lol
I guess priming it is turning the key to 1 or 2 without turning the car over??

Thanks for the tips as I was just going to pull the old one out chuck the new one in crank it let it die then keep cracking it until it came back to life again lol

I'm sure no one will judge and I'm sure in terms you'll have her looking sweet again!

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Haha, I don't mind it mate! Not something that bothers me much! :)

That's right, priming is the stage before turning the ignition on, just as your engine checks, etc are being done your car is priming the fuel filter, best to wind down your window and maybe keep and eye on it that way! :)

That's what I was going to do until I was told by quite a few different people and tips are there to share! :)

Thanks mate, will be starting up my thread soon, just got a few more little bits to do in the flat then I can sit down and write an essay! :rofl:

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
Finally got around to fitting my new filters I think the where both a bit over due

This is the old one

And this shows how much toot was left in the box.

Full filter was easy although it took ages to get all of the air out. I also fixed my splitter while I was there but didn't get any pictures.

Next up will be new windscreen and mot next month then cambelt and water pump if anything needs fixing for the mot I will look to upgrade if funds allow.

Thanks for looking.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Nicely done Tom mate, that filter definitely needed cleaning hehe! :)

Any reason on having a new windscreen? Is your current one chipped or leaking at all? Hope it flies through the MOT! :)

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
Cheers mate so do I and yer it has 2 cracks and about 30 cracks in it so it's doubtful it will go through with it! Have you done your filters yet?

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Haha, well so long as it gets sorted for you mate that's the main thing! :)

I did my pollen filter and air filter change a little while back, updated my RR with the pics and info, hopefully will be doing my fuel filter today or tomorrow at some point and I'm hopefully going to get 4 new tyres put on today as well as have a power test! :D

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Hi all, thought id put a build tread as im planning on keeping it forever. its my second seat my first was a 1.4 mk2 Ibiza and it ended up like this

sold that to make way for a family fast forward a couple years I bought the 1.9TDI 110 asv leon back in may then got married in august so there wasn't anything done. I got some plans but it will be a slow build.this is how she looked after a clean.

Plans

LCR Splitter- done
C2 aerial- done
boost gauge
custom gauge pod
angel eyes
LCR spoiler
wheels
spring/ springs and shocks
FMIC
new pipes
usb adapter
Brakes
Tunning box / re-map
Areo wipers
Fabia rear wiper
Arm rest
Lcr door cards
Lcr a,b,c pillars and roof lining

lost that i cant think of and im sure this list will grow

I am a complete novis when it comes to cars I have always got other people to do the work for me but I want that to change so please bare with me if I sound like a idoit! haha

so it turns out I was good this year as the wife got me the LCR splitter and the aerial

so last night i trimmed the middle parts down thinking it would make it quicker today but i ended up trimming load more off anyway

today i set about fitting it spent ages lining it up the finaly got it on.

came out ok i thought and took a pic of the aerial

ive also done half door sills, i want to get them finished before January
next up i want to give it a service and i should be moving next month so i am gona try get the cheeper things done.
all comments welcome
Cant seem to get my ariel off to change it.... Did you have to take down the carpet below it inside and unscrew something!?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I'm sure they are the same as the mk2's if you look on page 5 of my RR thread you will see what the tip of the aerial looks like.

There is a little description on how I removed it.But if these are the same you don't need to do anything to the roof liner buddy ;)

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Cant seem to get my ariel off to change it.... Did you have to take down the carpet below it inside and unscrew something!?

I'm sure they are the same as the mk2's if you look on page 5 of my RR thread you will see what the tip of the aerial looks like.

There is a little description on how I removed it.But if these are the same you don't need to do anything to the roof liner buddy ;)

I personally took the whole body off and replaced the entire unit, I stuck with original as I'm not planning on changing my aerial any time soon as I'd rather do the radio, etc... First the aerial after.

To take it off the way I did it, you remove the lining from the boot, then you can access the bolt holding the body down I'm sure it was a 22 mm that you need, if you can hold out until the weekend I can always take some pictures to show what I did and get you the right size socket to use, unless you get to it beforehand?

I do believe some people just pulled out the top part of the aerial that unscrews (just not fully as it's got a stopper) I didn't want to do that, wanted to replace the whole thing :D

To clarify what Craig said, it does look like it's identical to the Mk2's aerial body, here's how his looks and this is what he said concerning it 2 posts down from the pictures:
Standard aerial needed some hefty pulling to remove.

Hope that helps Luke mate! :)

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
I personally took the whole body off and replaced the entire unit, I stuck with original as I'm not planning on changing my aerial any time soon as I'd rather do the radio, etc... First the aerial after.

To take it off the way I did it, you remove the lining from the boot, then you can access the bolt holding the body down I'm sure it was a 22 mm that you need, if you can hold out until the weekend I can always take some pictures to show what I did and get you the right size socket to use, unless you get to it beforehand?

I do believe some people just pulled out the top part of the aerial that unscrews (just not fully as it's got a stopper) I didn't want to do that, wanted to replace the whole thing :D

To clarify what Craig said, it does look like it's identical to the Mk2's aerial body, here's how his looks and this is what he said concerning it 2 posts down from the pictures:

Hope that helps Luke mate! :)

--Lee
Ill give it a go one night... Cheers :)

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
I just pulled bloody hard till it popped off then screwed the new one on. Mine was the aerial only though, and now the radio is crap lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.