trip computer question

Apr 27, 2008
i was sat in traffic coming home from work today and i was playing around with my trip computer, i noticed there was to different screens that say MPG. One of them had a circle with a line going through it on the top left and the number 1 on the top right. Could anyone tell me what the difference between the two?:confused:

cheers

Apr 1, 2007
the one with number 1 on the screen is the current journey the one with number 2 on the screen is a average mpg since last reset (i use this one each time i fill up) the one with the circle through it is a read out of that specific time (which updates evrey 3 seconds ??). i think lol

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
I think one is for the average mpg you got on the last journey you made, the other for the journey you are on now. at least thats what the man at the stealers told me... lol

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
the one with number 1 on the screen is the current journey the one with number 2 on the screen is a average mpg since last reset (i use this one each time i fill up) the one with the circle through it is a read out of that specific time (which updates evrey 3 seconds ??). i think lol

Im not copying you btw! :lol: must of posted that at the same time!

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
Ø is used as a symbol for average value: average in German is Durchschnitt, directly translated as cut-through. (cut through zero)

MPG with the 1 in the corner is average MPG for your journey, and is reset when you manually reset or when the engine is turned off for more than 2 hours (i think) - so if you stop at a service station for example, the journey average continues to be calculated when u start the engine again.

MPG with the 2 in the corner is average since you last reset it as said above, and i also do this when i fill up, the 2 then becomes average MPG for the tank.

then obviously the MPG with no number or symbols is the live as you drive figure changing every couple of seconds.

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
Ø is used as a symbol for average value: average in German is Durchschnitt, directly translated as cut-through. (cut through zero)

MPG with the 1 in the corner is average MPG for your journey, and is reset when you manually reset or when the engine is turned off for more than 2 hours (i think) - so if you stop at a service station for example, the journey average continues to be calculated when u start the engine again.

MPG with the 2 in the corner is average since you last reset it as said above, and i also do this when i fill up, the 2 then becomes average MPG for the tank.

then obviously the MPG with no number or symbols is the live as you drive figure changing every couple of seconds.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Correct :D