Tris's Trackday & Family Leon Cupra(Snetterton Report)

af1

Feb 17, 2008
ohhh nice those brembos of yours did look good! perfect place to try them, on the track :D

af1

Feb 17, 2008
grrr your making me jealous talking about all these track days!!

lydden taught me that a track full of LCR's is no place for my 110tdi

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
bout time you showed your ride off properly ;)

i can personally say to anyone wanting a Leon, THIS CAR is the 1 to want!!

maybe a little bit of jealousy showing through, but hey, this is one hell of a car!!

i've seen it many times, and a few on track.
One track experience spring's to mind, where Tris was moaning that the LCR's were "so much quicker"!!!

Bearing in mind, i watched all that was going on, yes, the LCR's may have pulled away in a straight line, but the consistency and deliverance from tris was outstanding against cupra R's.

in an endurance session, i would not hesitate to put money on this car beating other stuff with a lot more power!!

Hats off to Tris, this is a fine example and if i ever buy a Leon, THIS IS THE ONE I WANT!!!!!!!!!

Stu

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
bout time you showed your ride off properly ;)

i can personally say to anyone wanting a Leon, THIS CAR is the 1 to want!!

maybe a little bit of jealousy showing through, but hey, this is one hell of a car!!

i've seen it many times, and a few on track.
One track experience spring's to mind, where Tris was moaning that the LCR's were "so much quicker"!!!

Bearing in mind, i watched all that was going on, yes, the LCR's may have pulled away in a straight line, but the consistency and deliverance from tris was outstanding against cupra R's.

in an endurance session, i would not hesitate to put money on this car beating other stuff with a lot more power!!

Hats off to Tris, this is a fine example and if i ever buy a Leon, THIS IS THE ONE I WANT!!!!!!!!!

Stu

COMMENTS SPONSORED BY TRIS AND FAMILY CO. :lol: :lol:

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
imho,

this is a car that hasn't suffered from "money-no-object-thrown-at-it"
but a more of a careful plan and built up experiences on track of "what-needs-to-be-done-to-improve-handling/speed"

all takes time, and some things will be on a trial and error basis, even the big teams get set-ups wrong sometimes, but hay, if they didn't get it wrong, we would and then it becomes expensive :lol:
much cheaper to learn by other's mistakes and spend that beloved cash on something proven to improve :)

Stu

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
If I had not have got the trackday bug it would have stopped at a re map (well maybe)
Once the Forge FMIC gets here and gets fitted the TIP can go on then back to Jabba for the map to be sorted as that will be the engine mods finished as i am not interested in big turbo

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
I heard the door bell earler and thought who is that trying to sell me something? But guess what it was Mr UPS with a early Birthday present my Forge FMIC yeah baby so after a call to Ben (Roly)It will be fitted on Friday :D
Very please with Forge 1st time I have used them and was more then happy with there service and it was here a full 7days before they said :clap:

Quick pic sorry about my toe
22072008050.jpg

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I heard the door bell earler and thought who is that trying to sell me something? But guess what it was Mr UPS with a early Birthday present my Forge FMIC yeah baby so after a call to Ben (Roly)It will be fitted on Friday :D
Very please with Forge 1st time I have used them and was more then happy with there service and it was here a full 7days before they said :clap:

Quick pic sorry about my toe
22072008050.jpg

Looks like another late night friday :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.