TTQ alloys, will these fit straight on?

GE0RD

Hi, looking into getting a leon cupra in the near future and was wondering if I'd need any spacers if I was to fit some TTQ reps on. Also if anyone has already got these wheels, did they have any other trouble fitting them and using them? Will prob end up lowering and I don't want any rubbing at all.... Any height recommendations with these wheels?

The dims are.... 8x18" 5x112 et45

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Hi, looking into getting a leon cupra in the near future and was wondering if I'd need any spacers if I was to fit some TTQ reps on. Also if anyone has already got these wheels, did they have any other trouble fitting them and using them? Will prob end up lowering and I don't want any rubbing at all.... Any height recommendations with these wheels?

The dims are.... 8x18" 5x112 et45

Won'y fit a mkI Leon, PCD (stud pattern) is different.

You could use adapters, but personally, I wouldn't

GE0RD

Sure iv seen a yellow leon runnin these on here. They must have used adaptors then.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Sure iv seen a yellow leon runnin these on here. They must have used adaptors then.

Or maybe as they are reps, they bought them as new with a 5 x 100 pcd.

most after market wheels are blanks with no holes, and the holes are drilled to order. check out some of the websites that offer wheel/tyre packages.

Last edited:

GE0RD

Yeah that could be it. Would u say eBay is the best bet or do u know of any good websites to try?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Are you talking about the TT QS (Quattro Sport) alloys?

They would be the ones in my sig.

If you have Brembos then you'll need 15mm spacers on the front - although you might get away with 12's as I do have a few mm clearance.

GE0RD

Are you talking about the TT QS (Quattro Sport) alloys?

They would be the ones in my sig.

If you have Brembos then you'll need 15mm spacers on the front - although you might get away with 12's as I do have a few mm clearance.

Yeah mate theyr the ones! the car im looking to get is the Cupra T not the R so im guesing they dont come with brembos? if i put spacers on wont that take the tyres closer to the arch as im planning on lowering the car 40 - 50 mm aswel and i dont want any rubbing or scraping. how low is yours?

So where did you get your wheels from? did u have to use adaptors? im looking for a set so any advice would be great.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I think Cupraross has these on his car and there genuine ones? I remember him saying the rears had a lower offset then the fronts.

Either he has hub adaptors or there 5x100?

Last edited:

GE0RD

yeah i need to see if i can find some 5x100 ones. really want some but if i have to buy adaptors then its just gonna add up.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I don't know if you'll need spacers - all I can tell you is with the Brembos I have 15mm spacers on the front. Mine is lowered about 30-40mm and the LCR starts off lower than the cupra anyway. With the 20mm spacers on the back they rub when I have adults in the back seat, but that can easily be solved by stretching the tyres slightly (ie putting 215s on instead of 225s).
Best to pm Cupraross and ask him.
Oh - and the guy I got them from doesn't have them anymore - they are replicas 5x100 et35 without the polished lip.

PS If you know someone who has the wheels you want on the car you're getting - dont get them! :p

Last edited:

GE0RD

Cheers for the advice mate. Iv managed to find the wheels in the size I need I think. They are...

8x18 5x100 et 35

Can some one please tell me if these will fit a lowered cupra t (40 - 50mm, haven't decided the height yet)? Will they need spacers?

GE0RD

Will I need spacers all round? Prob will get them. Gotta get the car first tho! So do u think they'd rub if I lowered it 50mm?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I don't know if you'll need spacers - all I can tell you is with the Brembos I have 15mm spacers on the front.

Best to pm Cupraross and ask him.

Honestly mate I don't know how big the brakes are on the standard Cupra so I can't tell you. Mine has four pot brembos on it so they don't fit without 15mm spacers up front.

My guess is that you wont NEED spacers at all, but they will look better with them.

Best to get the wheels first then worry about spacers later.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.