Turbo

Jan 10, 2021
Hey guys looking for some help unfortunately last Saturday my turbo decided to die oil seals gone so looking for a new turbo and I’m unsure on Wich one it is to replace it I’ve been looking everywhere I know my engine in a CEGA as I have a CR FR170 but I’m unsure as there’s so many different ones I was tempted to go for a hybrid upgrade but saw the price but just want a straight swap now don’t know if anyone has dealt with reconditioned turbos at all as they seem to be a little bit easier on the bank balance as I have another child on the way in 3 weeks and just shelled out a load on pram wardrobes drawers etc so abit stuck any advice or anything if anyone can point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
You may be best getting yours removed and px it against a new recon turbo as you said

Hybrid would be a great laugh now you come to mention it

My 1.9tdi caddy has a hybrid , it's good for 230bhp makes people look twice when a soot chucking van does them over lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jan 10, 2021
Yeah a lot of them request you send yours to them when you have the new one but don’t know any trusted or decent companies that refurb as in my time of driving first turbo to ever go and wouldn’t it just from darkside they are expensive and all others I’ve looked at are too so probably go with a recon if they are just as good as new

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Yea you'll need to send your turbo in for recon, they'll chuck the centre section away and reuse the covers,

Ring up and ask who they get their CHRA's from, if it's someone like Melett you're sorted.

Turbo Rebuild use Melett, also Midland Turbo's have a good reputation.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.