Turn off the Radio

Happy Ant

Jun 9, 2023
I have manged to find out how to turn the radio on but cannot find anyway of turning it off, all I can do it turn the volume right down
Can anybody advice please

Nov 18, 2021
Just tap the power button, or tap in the middle of the radio screen

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Happy Ant

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
All this should have covered at handover of the vehicle, poor dealership performance.
^This.
When Mrs Seriously? bought her ST, she had a full walkround of the car and run through of most of the controls, especially the bits that were new to her, like the EHB and Autohold. The salesman even showed her how to pair her phone and set postcodes in the satnav.

Happy Ant

Jun 9, 2023
^This.
When Mrs Seriously? bought her ST, she had a full walkround of the car and run through of most of the controls, especially the bits that were new to her, like the EHB and Autohold. The salesman even showed her how to pair her phone and set postcodes in the satnav.
Yes I was given a complete walkround and a very comprehensive instructions, but there is so much that's new to me on this car that I obviously did not take it all in in one go

Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Yes I was given a complete walkround and a very comprehensive instructions, but there is so much that's new to me on this car that I obviously did not take it all in in one go
Fair point - it's taken me ages to get a handle on all the tech in my new car and I have to say the owners manuals can be less than helpful at times.
Plus the fact I've got the attention span of a hyperactive Labrador puppy.:)

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
One thing I really miss is information about the infotainment system.
the manual does not cover all system menus.

Deleted member 123864

Have you tried pressing the power button? :cautious:

Bottom left of the display

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2021
Keep pressed the withe round power button for a few seconds, and it will power off the unit.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Are you confusing the infotainment system with a traditional radio perhaps? If so then the 'screen' cannot be turned off completely when the engine is running, to my knowledge, as it is the only way to assess and adjust most secondary vehicle functions.

I recall that there is a way to have it display a clock instead of the quick access panels but, like most this terribly designed interface, it's hard to use.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Hold down the button for a second or two.

Screenshot-2023-07-10-075519.png

Happy Ant

Jun 9, 2023
Hold down the button for a second or two.

Screenshot-2023-07-10-075519.png
But all that does is turn off the infotainment system screen, but my digital cockpit still shows that the radio is tuned into a station and I want to turn of the actual radio function rather than just mute the sound. see picture enclosed it show the radio tuned into Big FM

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_155710.jpg
    IMG_20230711_155710.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 62

Seatboi

Apr 13, 2023
But all that does is turn off the infotainment system screen, but my digital cockpit still shows that the radio is tuned into a station and I want to turn of the actual radio function rather than just mute the sound. see picture enclosed it show the radio tuned into Big FM
If you've used the radio directly before turning it off, it's not physically and actually possible to remove it from the screen. The only way to do so, is change the source of the audio e.g bluetooth, apple car play. Other wise it remains there (unless you then change the icon on the digital dash).

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Probably your only option then is to set the media input to USB instead.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise