Unlucky stone cracked my windscreen 🥺

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
Hi
So unfortunately driving to work this morning on the motorway, my windscreen got damaged by a stone (car infront of me hit it) i heard a loud bang. When i was parked i looked at it seemed only a small chip drivers side.. fast forward a few hours and it spread its maybe 15cm or more now

I have only just gotten my forementor in October so this is very disappointing as ive been very careful with my car. Just wondering has anyone had to replace their windscreen on a formentor ? And if so how did it go ? Thank you

rubeck1s

Jul 15, 2022
Just the usual - call your insurance and they either pick a workshop for you or you can pick your own depending on your policy. Same goes for the excess -some insurances are free for repair (not applicable to you), some are free for both repair and replace, and some require a bit of money for the claim.

I have actually managed to crack mine yesterday too but it is 50 cents coin sized so hoping for a quick epoxy repair, although both replace and repair are free on my policy and I can use either insurer's approved workshops or Cupra official service.

Jun 23, 2022
I’ve already had to replace my formentor windscreen, I’d only had the car 3 weeks. My lovely council finally decided to resurface the appalling road and a stone flew up from the passing car.
To be honest if I’d braked, the stone would have hit the paintwork instead.

Returned to the car 90 minutes later and the chip had started to spread.

I phoned my insurance that night and because it’s a heated windscreen it had to be replaced at an Autoglass site, they couldn’t come to me.
Due to low windscreen stock, then getting booked in, it took nearly 4 weeks to replace, so phone your insurer ASAP.

shayaanl1

Apr 8, 2022
I’ve already had to replace my formentor windscreen, I’d only had the car 3 weeks. My lovely council finally decided to resurface the appalling road and a stone flew up from the passing car.
To be honest if I’d braked, the stone would have hit the paintwork instead.

Returned to the car 90 minutes later and the chip had started to spread.

I phoned my insurance that night and because it’s a heated windscreen it had to be replaced at an Autoglass site, they couldn’t come to me.
Due to low windscreen stock, then getting booked in, it took nearly 4 weeks to replace, so phone your insurer ASAP.
Do you know what the cost billed to your insurance was for the windshield replacement?

rubeck1s

Jul 15, 2022
Do you know what the cost billed to your insurance was for the windshield replacement?
400 eur windshield (part) & about 300 eur labor (~700e total lol)
Includes removal of old, replacement and re-calibration of sensors for the new glass

Reactions: shayaanl1

Cupra_Girl222

Nov 10, 2022
Got my windscreen replaced. I paid the difference for OEM and well post install I noticed little specs of damage all over it (was not visible in their car park) and the technicians were rushed or something the plastic rear view mirror windscreen attachment is damaged too.. they must have been clumsy with their tools..

Very disappointed...