updated advise on Aftermarket stereo replacments 2021

Morganator

Jul 10, 2020
Hello,hope you can help I know this question has probebly been asked alot in the past and i have done what i can to get the most up to date infomation. Alot of stereos people used are discontinued and technology has advanced and become cheaper.

My car is a 2012 1P1 Leon ecomotive 1.6tdi. Id like to replace the stock RS315 stereo with an aftermrket. Im happy to go for the right ebay special stereo if needs be but there are loads out there that are similar but with differant connections. I got a quote of 140 to update the nav to v11 so would rather use that money on an aftermarket that i can update myself.

I really like the idea of Android Auto as id love to run google maps on screen as they are really detaild maps. Also if possible would love to retain the stock DAB,FM and GPS antenna (if google maps isnt supported on th stereo)

I get conflicting info as to which canbus you need and dont need, some stereos come wit them and some dont retain the sterring weel and car features like reverse annimation or climate controls.

has anyone recently fitted an upgraded stereo to there car? if so would love to hear which one you got and what adapters if any you needed to buy to mke it all work

Many thanks

Reactions: Chris78