Upgrading Door Speakers

Big_G25

whats your budget for speakers? you want quality of loudness?

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
things i had to (you might have to) bear in mind....

1. the factory plastic speaker mount basically gives you an extra inch of clearance from the window. if you mount directly to door make sure the magnets clear the window.
2. if you make mdf rings to get round the above, and the electric window motor gets in the way of the ring, you might have to file off a chunk, or even cut off part of the window motor plastic mounting

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i have a set of adapters in my room if you want them? i dont know what exactly im gonna do sound wise in this car i might leave it standard or id have some £200 worth of Jl audio 17cm comps you could have!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
yup my 3rd ibiza i love them to much!!! im not sure if my set up will come into my new Fr i get to places so quick i dont even notice the radio! mine has factory controls and aux in which are both very useful i have even hidden the aux cable so it cant really be seen untill behind the ash tray were my mp3 player sits....

Poverty

You can get infinity kappa components brand new off ebay for £60. They retail for like £200. I have the cheaper infinty reference series and they sure do work well, but seeing as there is such an amazing deal on the much more powerful kappa series one Im gonna go with them!

Poverty

Yeah mate you should definetly put your JL stuff into your new motor. The setup you had in your old car was amazing. The sound quality was great. By teh way are you running a 10 inch or 12 inch sub I cant remember.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
lol i was hopeing people would give me entusiasm to spend about 5 hours doing it all again... the sub i was running was a 12" the rms figuar is about 175 but it use's it well dont it? lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.