Urgent help needed PD150 Leon FR,severe misfire when cold untill it's slightly warm.

Zacery56

Mar 12, 2017
dundee, scotland
First of all I'm new and would like to say hello to you all,

Now second I'm in need of some help as i am completely stumped what to do next.
So I own a mk1 seat Leon FR pd150 ARL. I bought this car in a bad way and had to do a lot to fix it. So I replaced the head gasket, fitted a new camshaft and lifters(not OE), and obvs fitted s new timing belt + water pump. And reconned my turbo and fitted with braided oil feed pipe and what not. I also fitted s egr and egr cooler delete , which hasn't been mapped out, and the car HASNT been remapped if that helps anybody?also lapped all the valves in and done stem seals and also skimmed head slightly.

Now my problem is when the car is first started after sitting for a couple of hours it's starts misfiring severely, it runs on 3 cylinders. And of course because it's misfiring it's chucking white/ grey smoke out the back. The car also starts roughly first turn of the key, sometimes crank it over for 1/2 seconds. It will starts misfiring at idle as soon as you turn it on but the hotter the car gets the further up the rev range the misfire will acctually occur which is strange. It misfires untill it gets hot , so it can be left misfiring for 20/30 minutes before it's hot untill I drive it when its misfiring , in which case it really struggles to pull and stalls sometimes.there has been a few cases where this problem hasn't occurred tho, so it's intermittent but does happen the majority of time from cold.

-There is a faultcode for s cylinder 3 misfire, and due to this I replaced the injector wiring loom and injector number 3 which didn't help?
-all the injectors lash are setup correctly , I have double checked this
-the timing is spot on , I have checked this multiple times.
-checked the fuel in the filter which looks pristine condition.

When the engines hot the injector balance looks okay, am unable to check it from cold.

Have also carried out a compression test today which I think looks okay from hot and cold if anyone could advice?

Hot:
cylinder 1-23.1 bar
Cylinder 2-24.6 bar
Cylinder 3-25.1 bar
Cylinder 4-23.8 bar
Cold:
Cylinder 1-22.6bar
Cylinder 2-23.8bar
Clyknder3-24.3bar
Clyinder4-23.6bar

Really stuck with what to do now and it's driving me insane:censored:!! Any help greatly appreciated! Sorry for such the long post, and I'm located in Dundee in Scotland.

Last edited:

tanto

Oct 16, 2016
have you checked the coil packs is it still showing cylinder 3 misfire try swapping coil packs 2 and 3 to see if the misfire moves to cylinder 2 if it does it is a bad coil pack

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Coil packs... it's a diesel, it doesn't have any!

My thoughts are swaying towards injectors or camshaft set up as I know how fussy these ******* engines can be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zacery56

Mar 12, 2017
dundee, scotland
Aye All the injector seals where replaced. And the engine timing is set up perfect, I belaive the injectors are setup up to, by tightening the adjustment screw then backing of 180 degrees? I didn't measure up the angle of the injectors tho, they are all just pointing directly down from
The camshaft ?

Does the compression test readings like all right ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise