Vac com

JMWalton

Feb 25, 2014
Right I'm new to the VAG stuff I've always had bmw's the way I understand it is VAG COM is the equivalent to INPA for bmw's that been fault diagnostics and coding ? I have a 2010plate 1.4tsi twincharged FR I want to enable a few features but I'm unsure of what software and cable to get from eBay as I understand if you get the wrong software version OR update it will flash the cable can you tell me what cheapo cable and software I need obviously I'll disable my internet connection. I don't know what version it's on but it was recently serviced by seat before I bought it so I presume it will have been updated ?
Help would be appreciated

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Right I'm new to the VAG stuff I've always had bmw's the way I understand it is VAG COM is the equivalent to INPA for bmw's that been fault diagnostics and coding ? I have a 2010plate 1.4tsi twincharged FR I want to enable a few features but I'm unsure of what software and cable to get from eBay as I understand if you get the wrong software version OR update it will flash the cable can you tell me what cheapo cable and software I need obviously I'll disable my internet connection. I don't know what version it's on but it was recently serviced by seat before I bought it so I presume it will have been updated ?
Help would be appreciated

The software is VCDS and I belive version 10.6 is the latest.

You also need a canbus compatible lead for the MK5 ibiza.

The official version is by Rosstech but its around £265

JMWalton

Feb 25, 2014
The software is VCDS and I belive version 10.6 is the latest.

You also need a canbus compatible lead for the MK5 ibiza.

The official version is by Rosstech but its around £265

Thanks for that I take it you can get eBay cheaper jobys ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members