Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Hi everybody. I am using an aliexpress cable with the crack software. I changed some settings as tacho staging and park pilot. But I couldn't change the comfort signal cycle settings. Default number is 3. I changed it to 5. It accepted the change but it blinks 3 times again. Is there anybody who has an opinion about this issue?

I am using the settings below:
http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/seat-leon-5f/komfortblinkerzyklus.php

PS: My leon FR was built at the 15 th of November 2013.

This is the only change I can't manage either! Has anyone any ideas?

gbru

Jan 29, 2015
Perform a Factory Reset in the Car Menu of the Infotainment System. The indicators will flash the required amount of times once you done this.
G

Last edited:

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
Does anyone know if it's possible to ease up the steering. My Mrs. Think it's to heavy in Normal.. I've a cupra.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I can't for the life of me find the relevant options in the drop down menu to set the interior door led's to red all the time.

Has anyone managed to do it a different way ?

I have the genuine rosstech cable and VCDS v14.10

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
I can't for the life of me find the relevant options in the drop down menu to set the interior door led's to red all the time.

Has anyone managed to do it a different way ?

I have the genuine rosstech cable and VCDS v14.10
I managed to do it okay on JCBMally's following the instructions.

Which bit are you struggling with?

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Gotta say I was a bit lost on some of the changes as i think the v14 software i have has some extra options, less in german too so the current screenshots that people post up are i guess from the old v12 software.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I managed to do it okay on JCBMally's following the instructions.

Which bit are you struggling with?

All works as instructed

BUT

after selecting the 10- adaptation - I can't find the two items that should be selected.
there is over 100 lines available but non match the ones in the instructions.

Last edited:

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
All works as instructed

BUT

after selecting the 10- adaptation - I can't find the two items that should be selected.
there is over 100 lines available but non match the ones in the instructions.

Have had a look at the instructions again I would use Google translate for each selection as with 14 as has already been said there is a lot more English options as apposed to german

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i struggled to find options on newer version of VCDS so I got V12 and they options were there.

Deleted member 98136

What I find confusing with all you guys talking about VCDS is how do you know that your particular model of Leon is able to be modified and what mods you can accomplish.

Is it all down to the vin number of your vehicle, and after checking that somehow, it will give you some idea of what is possible ?

Seems a big expense for the diagnostic equipment if at the end of the day you can't alter much.

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
What I find confusing with all you guys talking about VCDS is how do you know that your particular model of Leon is able to be modified and what mods you can accomplish.

Is it all down to the vin number of your vehicle, and after checking that somehow, it will give you some idea of what is possible ?

Seems a big expense for the diagnostic equipment if at the end of the day you can't alter much.

The bigger the spec of car the more you can change. I've got the SC (I think that's the very basic model?) and I can change loads on mine.
Changed stuff on an fr and there is a lot more than can be changed.

Deleted member 98136

You're like me Charles, I've got a SC (October 2014) , just interested to know as to how do you find out in the first what is available to change ? apart from connecting the expensive VCDS equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
You're like me Charles, I've got a SC (October 2014) , just interested to know as to how do you find out in the first what is available to change ? apart from connecting the expensive VCDS equipment.

EDIT:

JUST RE READ WHAT YOU WROTE AGAIN, you sort of don't know but the bet is hedged due to past experience (see below)

If the case was that no one had done it on this new model and I didn't have VCDS, I'd still risk it and buy it. The reason being is you know for a fact there are always things that dealers will make extra money on simply enabling it. That with the fact that all cars now are ran by computers...

As it was though, people had tested so I knew some of the things available. You could spend a good day going through vcds on the leon changing stuff. There's tens of thousands of variables.

That coupled with the fact that when the cel comes on you can plug in and find out what's wrong.

And also my brother has an ibiza, and after this leon I will Probs buy Vag again so it wasn't really a tough decision

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for your additional input Charles,

Just don't like the idea of initially spending over £200 for the equipment and probably only using once or twice.

Have been thinking about my local garage here in the village, I remember in the past he hooked his laptop test equipment to a Scenic I once had and cleared a couple of issues for me, didn't charge me either, of course I slipped him a good drink, so he was happy and of course I was.

Will have a word with him and see if his equipment is compatible.

Trouble is he's now lost my yearly custom, NO MOT / oil/filter change LOL

Thanks again

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise