Voice control activating randomly!

caloomba

Jan 18, 2022
SInce the last firmware update, I have noticed on several occasions that the voice contol activates simply when I am having a conversation with a passenger in the car.

At first, I thought my sausage fingers had somehow pressed the voice activiation button on the steering wheel, but after it happened a few times I know for sure my finger was nowhere near it.

Has anyone experienced this issue recently?

PS Neither my passengers nor I speak Spanish, so we weren't saying "Hola" to each other when this happened!

Reactions: cupragary25
Oct 8, 2021
SInce the last firmware update, I have noticed on several occasions that the voice contol activates simply when I am having a conversation with a passenger in the car.

At first, I thought my sausage fingers had somehow pressed the voice activiation button on the steering wheel, but after it happened a few times I know for sure my finger was nowhere near it.

Has anyone experienced this issue recently?

PS Neither my passengers nor I speak Spanish, so we weren't saying "Hola" to each other when this happened!

Yep. I’ve now turned it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Unbelievably sensitive since the update. Switched of the voice activation and simply use the button on the steering wheel when needed. Much better (y) .
Oh, and changed it back to the female voice too :).

May 14, 2022
I have the same problem - very annoying to say the least. I was under the impression that to turn it off you press the voice activation button twice - is that right as it doesn’t seem to work…

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Unbelievably sensitive since the update. Switched of the voice activation and simply use the button on the steering wheel when needed. Much better (y) .
How did you change the voice?! I want my woman back

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Managed it my self, under settings and Voice control options it was deactivated but some how when I was testing it it would still be there. I activated it , tested it, saw it was working and then deactivated it and happily no more auto activation of the voice control, at least so far!

Jul 25, 2022
How did you change the voice back, I can't find anything in the manuals?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
How did you change the voice back, I can't find anything in the manuals?
It's just 4 posts up form here but if you can't see it:

The car has to be running. Then go to 'settings', 'select languages' and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. The choice of male or female is there.

Reactions: itsecman
Jul 25, 2022
It's just 4 posts up form here but if you can't see it:

The car has to be running. Then go to 'settings', 'select languages' and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. The choice of male or female is there.
Yes, I should have kept reading the thread but was keen to get it changed:)

Reactions: oldgitdave

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
How do you turn it off? I can't seem to find it in Settings.
Managed it my self, under settings and Voice control options it was deactivated but some how when I was testing it it would still be there. I activated it , tested it, saw it was working and then deactivated it and happily no more auto activation of the voice control, at least so far!

May 15, 2023
Hi, can someone pls help me. This voice recognition is driving me crazy. It triggers all the time, but has never once understood something I ask it. It is just unsafe pressing the x constantly to close it.

I have read all the above, but when I go to settings there at no settings for voice control. Lots for background lighting… but voice, none.
What am I missing?

driving Cupra Leon 2023.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 280
May 15, 2023
Soo.. after trying for 20 mins, two mins after posting, solved it.
There are multiple settings options, I only knew about the ones when you press the car icon. If you change the shortcut buttons at the bottom of screen, you can make one of them a system settings logo. When you click in there, you will find plenty more settings.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members