VT86, Seat Leon4 4wd k03 285hp => GT28R => GTX2867R Gen2 420hp

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Is that a Wiggins connector? And 83mm throttle body? Wonder what response is going to be like at small opening angles, shouldn't be a problem

Aaaaanyway, this build is still damn epic!

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Is that a Wiggins connector? And 83mm throttle body? Wonder what response is going to be like at small opening angles, shouldn't be a problem

Aaaaanyway, this build is still damn epic!

It's not Wiggings, just basic "v-band" style aluminium hose clamp, works nicely for that. I have also same style but with quick connection and flexiple connection in boost pipe right after turbo..

Well I know that it's way too big for my setup, I would rather have 70 or ideally 75mm one but didn't find. I think that i need to start tune also idle control PID and lower end of throttle plate openings that car throttle response stays like it should. And if these mods will not ease the power output, or usability of car go worse, I will changes back to stock one and try to find those mid size ones.

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Slow progress, too much work load and too little free time at the moment.

Welding practice for 3.5" tight aluminium bends

Changes of plans with throttlebody mounting, building new adapter and adding short bend between adapters. it increase a little volume of plenum which might be good thing but otherhand throttle plate isn't directly on the manifold which might be negative thing. Let's see how it goes, at least it should make boost pipes easier to build and with less tight bends.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Slow progress, too much work load and too little free time at the moment.

Welding practice for 3.5" tight aluminium bends

Changes of plans with throttlebody mounting, building new adapter and adding short bend between adapters. it increase a little volume of plenum which might be good thing but otherhand throttle plate isn't directly on the manifold which might be negative thing. Let's see how it goes, at least it should make boost pipes easier to build and with less tight bends.

Very Nice Work VT 😎

Also great to see that it's not just my work bench that looks that way in minutes 🤣

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Very Nice Work VT 😎

Also great to see that it's not just my work bench that looks that way in minutes 🤣

Thank you and yes situation with work benches can escalate quickly.

After making lot of noise with die grinder adapter is ported. Also had to weld those original holes with pockets and sand flange to level. Of course i forget to take pics of welds but there was nothing to see, so difficult to weld at least for me :)

then I started to fabricate new bigger boost pipe to fit new throttle body. Notice that need to move washer fluid reservoir and Defa charger but then it should fit. Made about 45° 3.5" turn and then formed 3.5" => 3" reducer from straight 3" pipe.

Welded and test fitted, next step is remove front bumper, make new brackets for FMIC and make new boost pipes to both sides. These are anyway rubbing to fog light area.

Adapter is not the prettiest but little bit sanding and black wrinkle paint should do the trick

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
New year and trying to get Leon back to road next summer. Gearbox decided that we are not moving. Most likely shift fork.

And subframe off, quite tricky to do alone. Now when I have room I will also do some modifications to downpipe.

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
How to spend quality time on weekend

Was quite tricky and time consuming do it alone but transmission off. Next step is to take it apart and find is box repairable.

And suprise surprise shifter fork part between gears...

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
I wanted to know how VT86 has so much time to do all this Epic work?

I have a suspicion the a Flux Capacitor and a Mr Fusion may be involved and could explain this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114-212948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114-212948_Chrome.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: VT86

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
This would explain how from the post 'Tomorrow' done yesterday that is actually today and will get sent at 7:10pm later on.

🤔 So by my calculations VT86 made himself several extra hours and a time machine! And would explain many things, probably?

What's next?

Hover-conversion? 😎

Keep up the good work VT86 👍

• Haha
Reactions: VT86

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
This would explain how from the post 'Tomorrow' done yesterday that is actually today and will get sent at 7:10pm later on.

🤔 So by my calculations VT86 made himself several extra hours and a time machine! And would explain many things, probably?

What's next?

Hover-conversion? 😎

Keep up the good work VT86 👍

Next lets try to get Smurf back on the road, and maybe, just maybe something extra spices. Need to reserve time to prep 306Gti6 also for the summers track days.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Next lets try to get Smurf back on the road, and maybe, just maybe something extra spices. Need to reserve time to prep 306Gti6 also for the summers track days.
306GTi6 🤩 I remember those,
I had a Xsara VTS which came with the same engine but only had a 5 speed box

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Had hour and half extra time after work and before going to range so decided to crack open the magicbox

Something missing from here

And the devil himself...

Gearbox seems otherwise good so have to find out new shift fork or upgraded steel ones.. also started to think should buy 4th gear suppor and box case support

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Today was busy day, or at least I managed to do something. Frist I changed front seat of company car, previous owner had Recaro ErgoMed installed and now car is going to go to change so I made deal with boss that if I change it I can keep the seat. Win-Win situation.

After that I decided to go garage and start to fix gearbox, last week I got now steel shift forks and Epytec reinforcement plate.

Quite tricky one but managed to pull gears off

New steel ones and old brass forks

Few bad words and all back to their own places

And drilling holes for Epytec reinforcement plate, need to buy new bolts, ones with kit are useless.

VT86

Leon 1.8 "CupraR" 4x4
Mar 22, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Decided to try something different and maybe crazy, but I blame my mate for that.

Liquid nitrogen bath for 20 hours to make parts go sub -190°C

Video

And after 20hours in the bath

If you wonder why just check YouTube for cryogenic treatment.

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Decided to try something different and maybe crazy, but I blame my mate for that.

Video

That's so 😎

Really 😎

Totally 😎

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022

Video

In fact so 😎 that if you look outside VT86's workshop you'll see a queue of brass monkeys waiting for their turn on his spot welder 🙊

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.