WANTED Cupra R car mats

danjohns88

Oct 14, 2021
Bolton
Hi all,

I'm after some original Cupra R car mats, front and rear. I know their probably rare, but my car is standard and I like to keep it in original condition. Mines a 2003 with the round pegs for the clips.

I've had a quick scoot online and can't find any so wondering if anyone on here has a set 👍
Cheers, Dan

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Hi bud, well these are super difficult to buy now, I saw a set other day drivers ain't perfect but one of tge best I've seen when they have popped up
Ebay item number

Reactions: kimimaru

danjohns88

Oct 14, 2021
Bolton
I've seen those. About the only set I've seen for the last 3 months! Wondering if someone can repair the drivers one or make replicas 🤔 and the lugs are the wrong shape for mine but I'm sure I could get them to fit 🤔 cheers for the replies

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I got a car mat manufacturer to make a sort of heal pad out of the closest grey he had on the shelf.
He cut it to the shape of the mat and used red thread to stitch it into place so it fits in front of the chequered flag detail.
I’ll take a photo later.
I asked would it be possible to cut the flag bit out and somehow attach that to a new front peice of mat but he said there’s no way of stitching it together.
Obviously it’s not as good as having an original mint set but it seemed the next best thing.
The other 3 mats are immaculate though as is normally the case.
The only thing with trying to find some from Spain is the left hand drive cars will have opposite sized and handed mats.

danjohns88

Oct 14, 2021
Bolton
I got a car mat manufacturer to make a sort of heal pad out of the closest grey he had on the shelf.
He cut it to the shape of the mat and used red thread to stitch it into place so it fits in front of the chequered flag detail.
I’ll take a photo later.
I asked would it be possible to cut the flag bit out and somehow attach that to a new front peice of mat but he said there’s no way of stitching it together.
Obviously it’s not as good as having an original mint set but it seemed the next best thing.
The other 3 mats are immaculate though as is normally the case.
The only thing with trying to find some from Spain is the left hand drive cars will have opposite sized and handed mats.
That is a bloody brilliant idea! I'd like to see yours.

Yeah it's a shame there's no way of reproducing them, they're a very unusual and unique mat

Reactions: Nathan penney

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I don’t think even Thai wronghorse will be able to help find these. Worth asking him tho Incase he’s got some hidden away.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
No mats whatsoever at the moment and as for the much sought after chequered ones...I usually bin them

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
That is a bloody brilliant idea! I'd like to see yours.

Yeah it's a shame there's no way of reproducing them, they're a very unusual and unique mat
57782ED5-996A-465E-BDDC-2D3554B44DAE.jpeg
Sorry for the delay, finally got round to taking a photo of my mat. As I said previously it’s not great but it’s the next best thing to original I could think of.