Wanting a blow off :)

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
Hey All,

I've landed myself a 1.8T and I'm wanting to get a 'dump valve' installed but the one I am interested in is not one where all the pressure is dropped straight into the atmosphere but the pressure is stuttered giving a chattering effect..

Any idea what type of vale this is?

Cheers,

Nick

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Yeah the forge split r will give the whooshing sound but not sure anything can simulate the chattering noise ? I thought that only happened when the turbo was knackering itself ?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Chatter on the 1.8t is bad. If you want chatter then buy an Impreza.

If you are want a reasonable "whoosh" then an open cone air filter and 007P will do the trick.

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
i think i know the sort of dv he is on about.
there is a couple of skylines round here running them.
I think the best thing to explain how they sound is that when the car is dumping, it sound like a air pipe is loose and is whipping around on the dump.

does that make sense.This thread earlier has one i think if you listen carefully (might be wrong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96pPKf6cxsI&feature=related

they sound quite good in the flesh:p

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
i think i know the sort of dv he is on about.
there is a couple of skylines round here running them.
I think the best thing to explain how they sound is that when the car is dumping, it sound like a air pipe is loose and is whipping around on the dump.

does that make sense.This thread earlier has one i think if you listen carefully (might be wrong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96pPKf6cxsI&feature=related

they sound quite good in the flesh:p

I think there are a few people with skylines that don’t run a dv at all! What you can hear is excess “boost pressure” forcing itself back through the turbo (compressor surge, I think that’s what it’s called) creating the so called “chatter”! It’s been said to greatly reduce turbo life! :blink:

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
there is a punto gt running one down here also.

If it is the case that they are reducing the turbo life....i wonder if they know :)

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
there is a punto gt running one down here also.

If it is the case that they are reducing the turbo life....i wonder if they know :)

Well I don’t really know, I’m only reproducing things I’ve read on here. The sound can also be the product of a Defective dv.
:D

josh312

its waste gate chatter i think ure after its done by a bung isnt it i was after the same sound but i was told by a tuner that it would mess everything sumet to do with the car thinking it wasnt getting rid of air inuf or sumet n it would send the car onto limp mode hope it helps abit

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.