warm air from AC vents - AC is OFF

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
I noticed a very strange warm air coming out of ac vents ( not blowing much, just feels warm if you keep your hands on top of the vents ).
And I checked and double checked, the AC was set to OFF.

The outside temperature was 15 degrees, perhaps it was the heat from engine bay? but I think the cars are designed not to take the heat from engine into air con vents :D.

any ideas?

opher50

Dec 16, 2016
Had the exact same thing with my Mk3 Leon. No solution found for that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Yep I get the same, I tend to turn it on and select the coldest temp, and /or close the vents , it’s all off and you can defo feel warm air!! Although I’m getting rid in a matter of weeks, see if my new MY19 does the same I wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: seatgraham

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Mind does it also. I turn it to cold before turning it "off"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
Mind does it also. I turn it to cold before turning it "off"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks ! I will try turning it to cold for a minute before turning off AC and observe, will post the findings..

Reactions: Glarh

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
Yep I get the same, I tend to turn it on and select the coldest temp, and /or close the vents , it’s all off and you can defo feel warm air!! Although I’m getting rid in a matter of weeks, see if my new MY19 does the same I wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skynet is taking over

Reactions: Glarh

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
I think it works like some cars have a dial that is blue to red(cold to hot) so when the heating is off then if you turn to red warm air will come through and if you put the dial to blue it will be cold.

On MK3 with climate, if you set the heating to Lo then switch it off, cool air will come through and if you set it to a higher temperature then turn off the climate it will have warm air from the vent

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
I think it works like some cars have a dial that is blue to red(cold to hot) so when the heating is off then if you turn to red warm air will come through and if you put the dial to blue it will be cold.

On MK3 with climate, if you set the heating to Lo then switch it off, cool air will come through and if you set it to a higher temperature then turn off the climate it will have warm air from the vent
Do you mean to say turning off the AC only turns off the blower fan? SEAT must have explanation for this..

Meanwhile I should read the temperature in cluster, set my AC to that temprature and then turn it off..

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I had the same problem and the answer from here was to turn the temp down before hitting the off button, some air does still travel through the heater unit without the fan assist so it will be at the temp already set, I tend also to set the air direction to the screen to prevent air coming towards my feet.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
My 2018 cupra does the same. I click the inner circulation button or whatever you call it after I turn off the A/C and it stops immediately.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I must be weird I've never turned the climate control or a/c off. I've always just set it to a temperature and let it do its own thing it works perfectly.

Reactions: JimH and Rob G

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
I must be weird I've never turned the climate control or a/c off. I've always just set it to a temperature and let it do its own thing it works perfectly.

You’re not wrong, that’s what I do, except when I have the sunroof open. No point trying to air condition the car when there’s a load of outside air streaming in!

Reactions: Copra68

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
So, it blows cold air if you turn it down and switch off, hot air if you turn it up and switch off.

I tried pressing the air circularion button when AC was off. This stops the air coming from went and does not start the AC.

I guess there is a reason why the vent blows air even when AC is off. Perhaps cleaning/circulating the air?

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.