What did you and your MK2 do today?

JayCee

Apr 8, 2010
Isle of Man
Dropped mine into the garage at 8.30 to get my Sachs organic clutch and Loba flywheel fitted :D

After some bedding in I can hopefully get back to enjoying the power without the nasty smell of disintegrating clutch!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Custom map, mate of mine runs a company called etune based out toward Falkirk.

Due to get it on the rollers for some figures/tweaking next week. Will let you know the results :)

Do let us know. I've got exactly the same car (well the same model and colour and age) and I'm curious to see what's possible. :)

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
well, sold one of my bikes today, so i have 5 and half grand sat in my back pocket... now, p-torque or revo!

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
took mine to get a quote to put right the gravel rash on the door £190+ VAT and they need the car for two days that was a smart repair place in Mansfield can't get a price from the dealers until next Monday too busy WTF !!!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
took mine to get a quote to put right the gravel rash on the door £190+ VAT and they need the car for two days that was a smart repair place in Mansfield can't get a price from the dealers until next Monday too busy WTF !!!

The dealers will pass it onto an independant firm anyway won't they? I know for definite my local BMW and Land Rover garages do!!

Maybe worth trying to find out who it is and go there direct so SEAT don't get their cut.

My dads friend took his BMW in and BMW said £500 for two doors! He took it to the place they outsource the bodywork to and they said £300. Hefty profit on BMW's part for doing sweet FA.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
The dealers will pass it onto an independant firm anyway won't they? I know for definite my local BMW and Land Rover garages do!!

Maybe worth trying to find out who it is and go there direct so SEAT don't get their cut.

My dads friend took his BMW in and BMW said £500 for two doors! He took it to the place they outsource the bodywork to and they said £300. Hefty profit on BMW's part for doing sweet FA.

Thanks Jarre my local seat have there own body shop and I have the paint warranty to consider but true about the BMW story when I owned one I took it for a quote for a bumper scuff and small crack they wanted a grand to fix it. Did some research and took it to a smart repairer about 500 yards from the dealer quoted me £90 all in and when I got talking to them it turned out they did all the smart repairs for the BMW dealer!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Picked car up from dealers and ABS issue resolved, under warranty I was told, then got home to find an invoice!!!!! Shall get to the bottom of this tomorrow! I aint paying £350.00 when it was not confirmed to me before the work was done!

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
If you've driven the car away already I can't see how youd be liable for the repair costs???

Wonder if it's what would be submitted to Seat???

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
gave the girl a well deserved wash to finally get rid of all that blasted saharan dust :D and tried out a new spray wax type thingy, spray it on and then whipe it off....really easy and an awsum smooth shiny finish :D

Tim'o'thy

Picked car up from dealers and ABS issue resolved, under warranty I was told, then got home to find an invoice!!!!! Shall get to the bottom of this tomorrow! I aint paying £350.00 when it was not confirmed to me before the work was done!

Same thing happened with the other halfs Mini, spoke to BMW and they said just ignore it.. I know its BMW not SEAT but i would imagine they all operate the same?

scotty026

May 10, 2012
West Lothian, scotland
Woke up from the night shift & since it was not raining for a change I decided to gave the car a wash, snow foamed and for the 1st time used Valet Pro - Citrus Bling which finished the car of very nicely then finished of with some demon shine. New DRL led fitted :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.