What is the natural progression for power modifications for the Cupra Tdi?

chopper-lew

Jan 29, 2011
Helensburgh, Scotland
I've had my Cupra TDi a few weeks now and absolutely love it.

Now I've had a chance to get in in tip-top shape (major service, timing belt, lighting upgrades and the front end tidied up), I'm looking forward to some power mods.

First step is a stage 1 remap in the near future. I'm planning to use Revo due to them being the only reputable dealer locally i'm aware of and I have used them before and been very happy with the service.

I'm guessing I should see 195+ bhp and a good dose more torque which will keep me happy for a while!

What is the natural safe (and most value for money) progression after that?

I've read loads on here about uprated inter-coolers, injectors, decats, muffelorectomies, hybrid turbos, EGR deletes, hard pipe kits. I'm happy with what does what, I'm just curious as to what is the best order, and what complements what the best?

I know I have a good chance of chewing my 65,000 mile clutch even with a stage 1, but the plan is to upgrade to something stronger with a SMF that can handle circa 240 bhp as that's as high as I'll ever probably go.

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
When you do have the re map ask them to remove and map out the EGR. It causes problems and is a hinderance rather than a benefit to the engine, period.

I bought my Cupra TDi back in September 2012, previous owner had the car stage 1 one mapped. 200 bhp, 300 lbs at Surrey Rolling Road seen on the dyno. Previous owner had replaced the clutch with a brand new OEM clutch kit. 10 k on and it's starting to slip in the higher gears, and that's infrequent spirited driving.

themikey

A good custom remap you should be seeing around 200hp, after this you may want to look at a turbo kit depending on how much more power you want. I'm not a fan of hybrids as they never make the power quoted, if you do go for a turbo kit, you'll need a sachs race SMF clutch & bigger injectors to suit. to stop pipework popping off all of the time upgrade to Alloy pipework

have a look at darkside developments, they do alot with the Ibiza's

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members