whats a rebuilt k03s worth??

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
but surely a rebuilt turbo should be working almost as new??

wouldnt a rebuit one be better than a "low milage" version??

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Depends who rebuilt it and what exactly they replaced when they rebuilt it, also what damage was done to the turbo previously and why?

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
"owen developments" are the company

i was told that the thrust bearing had gone and that the entire spindle was replaced, along with inlet and exhaust turbines, along with new bearings and seals

as far as i knew the turbo is as good as a brand new one!?!?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
If it was a choice of a low mileage or second hand rebuilt (rebuilt but not purchased from the company that did the work) I'd value the low milage unit better as it has not had any issues even if it has been rebuilt.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
"owen developments" are the company

i was told that the thrust bearing had gone and that the entire spindle was replaced, along with inlet and exhaust turbines, along with new bearings and seals

as far as i knew the turbo is as good as a brand new one!?!?

in that case it sounds alright i'd say esp. if they give guarantee. I assumed it was a private seller before..

I took a while sourcing my k03s because I wanted a bargain and didn't want to pay more than £100..but thats just me being tight lol

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
£170! I can get a v.low mileage one for that and I mean VERY low mileage!

Got to see if the warranty goes with the turbo or is only applicable to the person that had it done.

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
A reconditioned Turbo is just as good as a new one. If bearings are replaced along with other things.. compressor wheel etc any professional engineer would replace the oil seal as standard. And aslong as oil changes are done regularly you could see more than 100k out of the reconditioned unit. Companys like owen developmentshave a rep, so they'd make sure things are done correctly.:)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
£170! I can get a v.low mileage one for that and I mean VERY low mileage!

Got to see if the warranty goes with the turbo or is only applicable to the person that had it done.

How low is V. low mate? Im in the process of buying one with 25k on it for £150 am i paying to much? or does that sound about right? Could you pm me with your contact for a low milage k03s for £170 :D

David.