whats it worth?

pinhead

the other day i had someone crash into the back of my ibiza. definitely think its gonna be a write off and dont wanna get mugged off by the other persons insurance company so wondering, what its worth?

its a 99 t reg seat ibiza gti cupra sport 8v, 70,000 on the clock, did have a little look about but prices seem to be quite varied, so what you think?

thanks.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
for what its worth ,I bought mine as a Cat C write off (click link under my pic for pics etc) and I bought it for a pittance.. you wont be offered a fantastic amount for it, tbh.

Last edited:

pinhead

not expecting much but just dont wanna get offered nothing when its worth more, it was in good condition before the accident aswell

red chilli

the underwritters will go on the basis of what the car was worth before the accident

,then if you want the car back they will offer it back to you for 9% of its value before the accident ,

just look up on piston heads or ebay and check your cars millage against others with conditon get a good idea on price

id say around 900-1700 without knowing the full conditon of your car ,

i just bought my 2k astra back for 180 quid ,,

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Just compare what they offer you to the prices on autotrader. Find a similar age/mileage model and if the insurance offer is not as high argue with the insurance company. Generally if you send them a couple of reasonable examples they will offer a decent price.

pinhead

nice one thanks for replies, thought this would be best place to ask and obviously everyone has one and knows what they paid, seem to just find varied prices when looking about

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members