whats my car worth???

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
2002 02 plate leon se tdi in silver

91k on the clock with service history and old mot's to verify

was an ex company car, part of a fleet of 10 for a small company.

2 previous owners, had recent service by myself using synthetic oil.

Standard SE spec plus :

• Factory double din sat nav with 2006 cd
  • Facelift Cupra wheels
  • front armrest
  • 10 cd chnager in the glove

A nice car but i will be looking to get a van soon annd will just be sitting around.

After many calculations and test, i get 41mpg on local driving and around 52 - 55mpg on a run with some local driving.

Just placing a feeler to see what it is worth and if it is worth me selling it.

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
was only saying fella its a shame as you had loads of work planned didnt you?

Yes I did but thinking of selling, and then getting just getting a FR / Cupra in a while.

For the next 6moonths minimum I will be working on my house renovation and i wont use the car as the dirt will just get everywhere, so will be buying a cheap van and maybe a small runaround

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I think somewhere around £4.5k would be a better price. I've just checked out Autotrader quickly and other similar cars are around that price. You can get 2000 models for £3k but a 2002 with your sort of mileage is closer to £4.5-5k

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
When you say about the recent service, was it done at a garage or did you do it? It possibly affect value as most people want to see a stamp.

I would say 3.8 to 4.2k depending on conditon of rest of car.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
i think £2.5k is way low, was that a serious price
Yep, I'm afraid so. I'd like to be proved wrong but I think you'll be lucky to get over £3k in this day and age, new models, load of low mileage mk1's on the market too.

If I were selling mine I would not expect to get £4k

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
CupraUK... yours is a petrol Cupra though, and the car in question is a diesel. And unfortunately, diesels are holding their value better than petrol cars. Having said that, your Cupra will still fetch more than £2.5k.

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
When you say about the recent service, was it done at a garage or did you do it? It possibly affect value as most people want to see a stamp.

I would say 3.8 to 4.2k depending on conditon of rest of car.

I chnaged the oil myself and have receipts for all the bits.

a recent service done by garage as from previous owner but i wanted to change the oil. was done well before it was due

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
Ok so interim service? Not a full service? Was this done like 5000 miles between services?

yes correct.

I liek to change oil every 5k

belts were done at 60ik

all services done by a local forim who managed the compnay fleet with service printout of everything carried out on car

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well when people valued my 2003 plate Leon Cupra with about 80k on the clock @ around the 6k mark, I was a little shocked :(

But I'd say 4.5k would be about right?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members