What's the 'known' issue with the recirculating valve?

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Hi all,

I understand that there is a pretty common problem with the recirculating valve on the LCR's?

What is the recirculating valve and what happens when this goes loopy?

Would it get fixed or replaced under warranty?

Thanks

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
its basically a dumpvalve but instead of dumping to the atmosphere and making a woosh sound it dumps it back into the system so the pressure is recirculated

as the stock valve has a weak diaghphram, its not uncommon for it to fail and leak boost pressure early, therefore you lose power

if the car is under warrenty it shouldnt be too hard to get it replaced, it is not a part that will be fixed

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Thanks

How will I know if it's playing up then? Will the car not boost properly?

...is there any symptoms I should / could look out for?

Thanks

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah the car could begin to boost lower than normal and may sound abit louder

theres a leak test you can perform by pushing the piston inside up using 1 index finger and then covering the top nipple with your other index finger

then let go of the piston and if it drops down its leaking however if it holds until you remove your other finger from the top nipple its ok

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Thanks

How will I know if it's playing up then? Will the car not boost properly?

...is there any symptoms I should / could look out for?

Thanks

The std recirc dump valve is also made of plastic and can;t be serviced, unlike the Forge 007 for example which is alluminium and fully servicable.

When my Std DV went it felt like the car had a huge delay, press the throttle and nothing happened (well very slow acceleration) keep throttle down and then after 1-2 secs (felt like forever) the car picked up. Like a big hesitation......car was slower than stock even though it was remapped

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Hi all,

I understand that there is a pretty common problem with the recirculating valve on the LCR's?

What is the recirculating valve and what happens when this goes loopy?

Would it get fixed or replaced under warranty?

Thanks

Big Boys Toys have a good offer on at the moment for a Forge 007p valve. £79.99 delivered. :whistle:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Cool - Thanks guys.

What's everyone's preference - Forge or the Bailey Dump Valve?

I have had both, bought the Bailey DV30 I think from Jabba, it was plastic too and could not be serviced and I threw it away.......mine lasted 10K miles but I have known other people have no issues.

The Forge has a lifetime warranty, great customer support and is cheaper

Up to you :shrug: those were my findings

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
throttle response was improved when i fitted my 007p to my LCR, it got even better once i'd fitted my TIP (also from forge)

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
As said before its plastic and diaphagm rather than piston but not sure it's a common problem!? I'm sure its fine as a standard part for a standard car! If your gonna start modding etc... Raising boost pressure etc... than its a pretty good idea to upgrade it! It was my first mod! (Got the Forge)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members