Wheel Arch damage!

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
I was washing the car yesterday and when cleaning the arches I noticed the passenger side rear trim has got a really big split. I looks like the bit where the mud flap would be fitted.

Now, I can't say how and when this has happened but I'm just curious if this is covered under warranty?

Maybe an argument that sub standard materials are being used for it's job? It's just plastic trim after all.

I don't know really. I'll be honest and say I'm not at all happy about it being broken!

Anyone with info or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Get a piccie up if you can.

Hi Techie

I will do. I didn't think of it at the time and to busy today to do it. I'll try and take one tomorrow.

I had another look at it today, it does look quite bad. If the split gets bigger it could end up rubbing the tyre :blink:

Cheers

Andy

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Just thought i'd update this.

I asked the dealers but they won't accept responsibility (fair comment really.)

I can't say how or why it happened.

Anyway, it's £18 approx for the replacement part then £40 an hour labour. I'd like to to think it will only take them 10 mins! lol

They're gonna fit next Tuesday when I take it in for a service.

Cheers

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
surley you can fit it your self only a few little bolts isnt it?

It is if you have the work space and tools. I have none of this. Thanks for the input though.

Tweedz.............

Sorry to read it's happened to you also. I'll try and get a pic posted later maybe you could do the same?

The part code is 6J0810969C £16.30 + VAT.

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.