Wheels pics

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
agreed but blown away by the centre nut conversion! whats involved? not something i'm ever gonna do, just interested in what actually needs doing. nice work!

im gonna guess its a custom made adapter, would imagine its almost like a 5x100 spacer but instead of a hubcentric ring poking its a threaded spline for the wheel to sit on then the hub nut to hold it in :)

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
agreed but blown away by the centre nut conversion! whats involved? not something i'm ever gonna do, just interested in what actually needs doing. nice work!

In the same boat as you on this one.

If I start looking into it could get expensive so I'm just going to step away mate and pretend I never saw them lol

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Got my wheels guys but a few questions. Ok 1: as they are 112 I needed adapters 20mm all round now are these legal or do they stick out to much? 2: one of the alloys have a slight buckle only a few mm in, can I tap it out with my rubber hammer? Cheers peeps :)

3yqy9equ.jpg

arynapyz.jpg

a2yzanuz.jpg

a4ype2eh.jpg

mu2eqene.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
thats fine mate, its illegal if the wheel pokes out more than 30mm from the arches and all the tyre tread should be underneath the arch. Regards to the flat spot i would get a professional company to take it out

andygrim

Sep 1, 2014
Your be fine mate mine sticks out 35 mm at the rear with a stretch too
DSC_0021_zpscm7dhu2t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Great thanks Ravi :) I'll take a pic of the slight buckle tomoz, I just have seriously zero Penny's to get it professionally done atm, would a local tyre fitters whip the tyre off and give it a tap? O I'll put a piccy up in the morning ;) Another question, do spacers mess your bearings up, mine are making a crappy noise now? :(

andygrim

Sep 1, 2014
That pic is 30 at the rear and 20 at the front but have now got 35 at the back got some stretchon the tyre so can go for more poke it's lowered
On coilovers at 45mm but my tyres are 215 35 18 so really low pro
By the way mate like your can simple but nice

Last edited:

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Ok I've just got the wheels balanced and they were 200g each out, so back to zero now, the slight buckle is basically nothing the chap said. But ever since I put these wheels on it makes a whining noise and vibrates at 60! Can anyone shed some light on the crap I'm facing o also my airbag light has come on since my daughter was messing the the eleccy seats up down up down :( cheers all.

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
Ok I've just got the wheels balanced and they were 200g each out, so back to zero now, the slight buckle is basically nothing the chap said. But ever since I put these wheels on it makes a whining noise and vibrates at 60! Can anyone shed some light on the crap I'm facing o also my airbag light has come on since my daughter was messing the the eleccy seats up down up down :( cheers all.

they must be very badly buckled to need 200g's on.
The noise could be crap/ deteriorated tyres they may be worn uneven.
They airbag light is probably a bad connection under the seat where its been disturbed :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Cheers Matty, will vcds lite delete the airbag light after I've sorted the connections. The car vibrates mega only then accelerating? I'm gonna put my old wheels back on. Had enough already.

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
Cheers Matty, will vcds lite delete the airbag light after I've sorted the connections. The car vibrates mega only then accelerating? I'm gonna put my old wheels back on. Had enough already.

Yea it should delete it mate. Run your hand over the tyres some times you can feel that it's worn uneven check the inside edge of the tyres that's normally where you will see it.
when your going like 60 dose it still vibrate or make any noise?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.