Which intake for Cupra?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thing is that I want the most efficient one if it means no change in sound. However if it happens to be louder, then all the better :)

seat_lion

Oct 26, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I have also been debating this lately but stubbled across something a lil special the other day so going to email the company see if they might be intrested in testing a prototype of their intake on my car althou i doubt they will i can but ask

H8T WP

Not decided which one to get yet though bud. Also, none of the kits on the JKM page are available for the Cupra yet either. The Forge one was withdrawn from sale last week as it does not fit the Cupra properly.
IT DOES! read at the very bottom of the page mate

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough

The thing about the Forge that worries me is the filter sits very low, and, according to their website, shouldn't be used in very wet conditions, so not much use in this country then.... also the Dbilas rams the air down the pipe, rather than sucks in god knows what from the road, also the smaller surface area of the filter will deposit less oil on the MAF sensor, unlike the big cones...

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Dbilas or EVOMS I would say mate. JonnyC off ASN has GIAC, TBE and EVOMS and made 339bhp on the rollers. + I hear most of the guys in the States rave on about it too..
They would be my only 2 choices as they're the only ones i've heard good things about..

I would love it if some tuner/magazine etc got a Cupra/Ed30/S3 on the rollers and tested them all including the OEM. To really see what's good ond what's not...

H8T WP

well once we have a decision, a group buy must be done, as these intakes are not cheap !

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Dbilas or EVOMS I would say mate. JonnyC off ASN has GIAC, TBE and EVOMS and made 339bhp on the rollers. + I hear most of the guys in the States rave on about it too..
They would be my only 2 choices as they're the only ones i've heard good things about..

I would love it if some tuner/magazine etc got a Cupra/Ed30/S3 on the rollers and tested them all including the OEM. To really see what's good ond what's not...

Is that with the stock fuel pump or not?

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Yes mate.. He really rates the EVOMS as do a lot of people..
Mods...
GIAC 'Hammer' Re-Map, Milltek Sports cat downpipe, Custom Cat-back exhaust and Evoms intake..

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes mate.. He really rates the EVOMS as do a lot of people..
Mods...
GIAC 'Hammer' Re-Map, Milltek Sports cat downpipe, Custom Cat-back exhaust and Evoms intake..

No note of an Autotech/KMD/APR fuel pump there? You are maybe thinking I said "pump" map, but what I meant was an uprated fuel pump....

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
Is that with the stock fuel pump or not?

OEM fuel pump on Jonnyc car , he made 332bhp ( after converting from Ps ) 342lbft

ZOBOYD's car made 311bhp 335lbft on the same rollers ( same day )

My car made 290bhp and 306lbft Std

leon

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Decision so far is to wait and see what becomes available for the Cupra other than the Dbilas.

Forge has been ruled out already, but the VF and Dbilas and maybe the Evoms are still in the running :)

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Speak really nicely to one of the Cupra Championship teams and see if you can get hold of one of these :

intakecc.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.