Which pipes do I need to fit a Laguna FMIC?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Most of the pipes won't fit... I'm not even sure the laguna one is any use to you - it's a lot narrower than the rad IIRC

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
whats going to stop it?

Its not the right shape and the inlet and outlet are in the wrong places.

You'd be better off with a smaller cooler with an inlet and outlet at the bottom....or a twinpass cooler and use some of the original pipes like the forge kit.

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Its not that it w ouldent fit, anything is possible, just might be an arse to do.

More than an arse, how on earth are you going to get 90 deg bends that will be tight enough not to foul anything? There just isn't enough room behind the bumper for that and if you reverse it you foul the slam panel assembly.

Yes, anything is possible but all things considered in this case, Becks isn't going to be taking the time and expense to make this fit..

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
As someone who has the same car as Becks who's spent the last 36hrs fitting his FMIC I can honestly say there is no way that would fit.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Good luck with it Becks, atleast with the bumper off you'll be able to have a measure up and see excatly what you need to order :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Exactly Adam, I hope you're wrong though! Fortunately my trusty mechanic fancies his chances, so i'll keep you all posted.

I'd love you to prove me wrong and really hope you can fit it......but I'm also pretty certain it wont fit.....if you look at my pics of the front end there is nowhere for the inlet and outlet to go?

Also if the cooler ports are wider than the Air con rad [which I doubt although it does look big?] the bottom of the cooler would sit so low it would stick out the bottom of the bumper and you wouldn't be able to fit the bumper on?

If you turned it the other way so the ports were at the top then there is no where for the ports to go through the front panel?

The ports either need to be low so the pass side pipe can run up and under the chassis leg or you want a twin pass cooler with both pipes on the drivers side IMO

How was it fitted on the ibiza? maybe some pics of this would help us judge the size of it and maybe we could come up with some ideas to help :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.