which wax for alloys?

Malc T

i`m trying to source a wax/sealant suitable for alloy wheels,( which may be painted in the near future ), i have read various threads on this forum and others but it just confuses me even more- i am looking for something that is long lasting and low maintenance, anybody got and tips/advice?

demon_dan

Poorboys wheel sealant is good, build up a few coats then you don't need to do it everytime you wash them though if you have time then do it :thumbup:. It's a reasonable price and lasts for ages. Chemical Guys do a wheel guard but I haven't used it so can't recommend. FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant is also supposed to be ok for wheels so it has the added bonus of doing both jobs, I have some I use on my painwork but haven't tried it on the wheels ...yet :)

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
CG's Jetseal 109 lasted for about 6 months on my brothers wheels and that was average mileage on a daily commute and a shampoo only clean each weekend.

There are dedicated wheel sealants like the PB's and CG's wheel guard which are very good and popular products, i have some CG's wheel guard but havent used it yet

Malc T

Thanks guys for the tips, just purchased some poorboys from cleanyourcar and a washing mitt and drying towel - hope this doesn't turn into a compulsive disorder!

Forgot to add is this the best place to order all car cleaning equipment? Any other recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

demon_dan

hope this doesn't turn into a compulsive disorder!

LOL, I can guarantee that it will :D

I order most of my stuff from CYC, also polishedbliss.co.uk are good, I get my drying towel from them coz CYC don't do the one I like! detailedobsession.com is another good site.

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
I get most of my stuff from seriousperformance.co.uk, he sells Finish Kare stuff which is excellent and some of his own brand stuff too, which is very good.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
i'm favouring Waxamomo at the moment, like CYC they do a points system which builds up with your orders and equates to money that you can take off an order or buy something with ! They stock all of the DoDo Juice range as well as some of the other main brands and i havent been able to fault the service so far.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.