Whooshing 007P, Something holding back?

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
Ever since i bought and fitted my Forge 007P i have been well chuffed with it but recently it seems to be whooshing alot more than it did when i first fitted it:think:, is this normal, ie a wearing in period, but also the car seems to a little down on power, nothing much but just doesnt seem as free flowing as it should, is this just coincidence and me getting used to the power as i have only owned the car just over a month or are these two symptons linked, thanks in advance Mully

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
You do get used to the power after a while. Perfectly normal :) as i did with mine. You think there is something wrong but there isn't.

All i did was drive the wifes ford ka for a day then get back in the leon, then you know that there was nothing to worry about!!!

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
its only 3 weeks old so dont thinks its due a service lol and Godber225r, i love drivin slow cars and then going into my leon, i buy and sell cars and a 1.0 Corsa doesnt half push ya back into your seat :lol: it was just the whooshing that was concerning me and i just think i am getting used to the power so will have to treat myself to a revo map for my bday in july :funk:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
My 007p defo made a more louder whooshing sound than the standard bosch valve. very noticeable it sounds really good.

Does your car have a aftermarket panel filter like pipercross or green? or induction kit?? upgrading to these can also make the dv sound more whooshey.

I think personally there is nothing wrong with your car just you getting used to the boost, i might be wrong tho?

If you get a remap change to the yellow spring in your dv lots of stuff on here about this.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
check the hoses are on it tight; mine was awesomely loud when I was leaking a bit of boost at one of these connections.

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Theres your answer!!! you will defo get a louder dv with drilling airbox and upgradeing to pipercross. mine makes a nice whoosh sound with pipercross only and no drilling!! drilling will make it whoosh even more.

Nothing to worry about you got a good car there!!! just you being a div!!!

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
yeah cheers danny i have just had a quick look and all is well but i check all my oil, waters, and pipes every week (OCD :whistle:) and Godber i have given myself a slap :lol:

Mully

Fezza 1.4 At the moment!
Apr 22, 2008
North East England
Yeah i had some pictures of how to do the n249 bypass that i took off here on my commy but they have gone missing lol, so ill have to do more searching and the only problem is that i heard reports the once ppl have done the bypass that it can sometimes send your car into limpy mode ?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
the car will only go into limp mode if the valve is unplugged from the system and the ecu sees a fault, just disconnect the air pipes to the N249 and run a pipe from dump valve to the manifold and you will be fine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.