Why isnt my Cupra selling...??

steve0

Drum-Masta
I have had my Cupra for sale for a couple of weeks now, I started it off at too higher price, because I wasnt really in a rush to sell. But, it has now been reduced to what I was say is a failrly realistic price. The car really is immaculate, and im sure when someone comes to view it, it will sell. I just dont seem to be getting the interest it needs.

I have had 3 timewasters now, 2 of which werent really a problem; but the latest said he was due to be coming up on the train from London on Monday, seemed very interested, asked me LOADS of questions and said he was coming with cash. Then text me yesterday dinner time saying he'd been messed around with the sale of his car that morning (although, throughout the process of him enquiring about the car via texts/email, he never once mentioned having to get rid of his first, and always kinda claimed he had the money!!??). So, he really messed me up, as I had gone to see what I hoped would be my new car at the weekend, and put a small deposit on it, presuming this lad from London would buy mine. Yes, I know, I was stupid, and I should've waited until id definetly sold mine before putting the deposit down; but hey ho, you live and learn!!

So, now I really need to get rid of mine asap, and dont know how!! Is it overpriced still? I think its fair considering the condition, mileage, spec, etc; but am not sure?? Also, my location may not help, im right out an a limb in south Cumbria; but surely people are willing to travel for the right car??

Apologies for the essay!!

Cheers

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
well I cant see in the add what mileage is on it and that is the first thing I look for.

plus quite a lot of people see a moddified car and think its been ragged about.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
It's not a good time to be selling either. Rising cost of living means that a lot of people aren't feeling very well off at the moment especially with the potential credit crunch looming.

Last thing you'd want to do is buy a performance car.

I think the price isn't far off, but then it's only worth what someone will pay for it. If you need a quick sale, you've only got one option and that is to drop the price.

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
I got to admit dude I am looking for a cupra at the moment,, I did concider looking at your car, but I dont really like your wheels and there are other cupras with the same amount of miles but on 02 plates that i have fould but are cheaper.

Sorry to be blunt mate, if I were you I would loose the wheels and drop the price a bit.

Then it would sell

pepper

Jan 26, 2008
Mansfield
Mate ive had the same problem trying to sell my scooby, had plenty of silly offers and px for people carriers etc. Ive got someone coming today so fingers crossed. Like said before now is not good time to sell and ive had to think along the lines of its only worth what someone will pay.

Mark

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
I had the same probelm selling my modded Celica, tried selling it privately on autotrader and pistonheads for around 4months, although it looked very nice and there were no engine mods, people just wouldn't buy it. I think alot of people just don't want to buy private anymore, and the savings they might make don't always outway a decent warrenty. I had to suck it up and part ex my car for around 2000 less than it was worth. Plus with so many used cars out there, there is just loads of choice if people are willing to shop around.
Its a shame but true

pepper

Jan 26, 2008
Mansfield
Well ive just sold mine, but like previously said i took alot less than its worth or i wanted. Its worth nothing sat on my drive though!

Imperial

Jan 10, 2006
You are a bit out of the way location wise also.

But when I'm looking for a car and I don't see the miles listed I always assume it's massive! Hence the reason why it's not on there.

I still think it's expensive though, regardless of the condition. I only paid £6700 for mine 3years ago from a main dealer with 12 months warrenty

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
As said above, spiralling living costs including 108p a litre petrol and the looming 'tightening up' from banks etc are putting people off large purchases, especially this kind of car.

Plus yes, its a modified car, and as usual, mods add little to the value of a car.

Are these cars still worth this much anymore, they are 6-8 years old now.

Good luck with the sale by the way, it looks like a lovely example with nice low mileage, just wait for the right buyer to come along, it would still cost a lot more to make a standard one that nice.

Rick

steve0

Drum-Masta
Thanks for all the replies guys, I guess il just hold on. Gonna lower the price a bit more towards the end of the week, see if that helps.

With regards to the wheels, that is all opinion. Personally, I think they look good and complement the car, and so do a lot of people that have seen it. I dont really think the pictures do it full justice tho, it looks a LOT bettter in the flesh.

Cheers

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
I think your car should sell no problems for £5650 as long as the mileage isn't stupidly high!

I sold mine a few weeks ago for £5450 and it didnt have alloys, exhaust, fmic, waterpump/cambelt change but I did have 4 brand new tyres, new clutch, new steering arms, bj's and wishbones, 2nd owner, 50k miles.

jacko18

AVI! pull your socks up!
Jul 11, 2007
Oswestry
www.bebo.com
nice car mate. looks really clean from the outside but the bay is a bit dirty, there is oil coming out of the cap and its generally a bit grubby. give the bay a clean and think that would boost interest pal.

just a small suggestion as most things seem to be covered.

Dec 20, 2007
First thing i notice is the bonnet sits lower than the wing on the passenger side, that would put me off.

Second thing, engine very grotty, what looks like a max power air filter thats dented at the side

Apart from that looks very tidy :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.