wierd things happening with central locking now new stereo in

stuart88

as above really, i've fitted a new stereo to my lc fr and i'm a bit puzzled because now when i stop and take the key out it seems to take alot longer for the doors to open!

is there any other people with this problem and if so how is it resolved?

it must be a common thing as the first mod alot of people do is change the head unit.

let me know please guys

stu

stuart88

only a couple of seconds really,

my mates got a leon 1400cc and his is even worse! it locks and unlocks itself when he opens his door with the key out!!

i can't think what it could be really?

stuart88

yeah mine was instant until i changed the stereo too, its annoying really cause when i stop i have to wait until i can get out of my car lol,

someone thinks there may be an adaptor or something but i'm not convinced

stu

stuart88

yeah i've retained the presets by doing that already, i'm just confused i can't believe that me and my mate seem to be the only people with this problem! lol

any help is muchly appreciated!!

stu

enahs22

Hi, I changed head unit in my audi a4 after which the alarm would randomly go off, very annoying! As soon as i put original back in problem stopped. Was told by a mechanic a lot of VAG/newer(ish) cars suffer strange problems with alarms/central locking etc just by changing HU!!??!!
Just bought Leon FR tdi 04 picking up 2moz! :p And really hope i can fit HU that screwed audi! lol

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if its a cheapo headunit or the supplier has been lazy and fed the remote lead through the iso it can conflict with the cars alarm/central locking

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members