Wifes Car Broke Down Tonight

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Hi, Wifes car broke down tonight.

couldn't get any gears. would this be clutch cable as there was no warning of clutch going eg high revs and going faster / clutch slipping.

i bought her the car and she picked it up last sat from the seat garage. only had it a week.

now she wants to give car back and get ner money back and buy another CORSA.:banned:

she has loved the car untill now.

regards

ANDY

Poverty

lol corsa they are terrible. Sure someone on here will soon tell you whats up but isnt the car still under warranty?

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
PROBABLY THE CLUTCH CABLE OR BELL CRANK THING AT THE END THEN.

/caps lock off

Mar 8, 2007
gear linkage is a very very common fault on corsa's.

mine went but was inside warrenty. costs £125 out of it.

not sure if its that on this one though

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
are we talking about a corsa clutch or does she have an ibiza as the ibiza has hydraulicly operated clutch mechanism!

do the brakes feel ok? as the brake fluid operates this

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
if it's from a SEAT dealer tell them you want to exchange it (which you can for a like for like spend) within 30 days.

Ask them about the 101 point check & can you have a copy to go through with them....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The programme consists of

· 102 multi point safety check
· 12 month guarantee
· 30 day, unlimited mileage exchange *Subject to terms & conditions
· Vehicle history and mileage check
· SEAT assistance - backed roadside rescue package
· European breakdown cover
· Comprehensive mechanical and electrical component failure cover
· Aftersales helpline

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Persuade her to stick with it, she'll grow to like it eventually. My last Ibiza needed a new gearbox and a few other bits within the first 4 months of ownership and that didn't put me off. :)

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Persuade her to stick with it, she'll grow to like it eventually. My last Ibiza needed a new gearbox and a few other bits within the first 4 months of ownership and that didn't put me off. :)

I am trying :)

good news is that she wants to borrow my LEON to go out with some friends tonight.

maybe it will swing it ;)

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
wife came home from today, nobody from SEAT garage phoned her to let her know what the problem is.

she phoned at 5.05pm and was told it was the clutch. putting a new one in now. all work under warranty.

many thanks for your help and advice.

cheers

ANDY & MRS.

dannyboy89

heres some advice, dont buy a corsa, they look crap handle crap and basically are just crap

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
it is for his GF mate, so dont suppose looks etc are his concern. What shes obviously botherd about is reliability, which I must say sometimes seat do let people down on. Its never a big thing as far as I can see, some are just really bad, some have nigly faults and some are just dam near unstopable. Luck of the draw

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise