Would anyone order new ibiza without test driving it first

Would anyone order the new ibiza without test driving it first?? (did i read somewhere that Seat would be taking orders from May for the new 5 door?)

Just wondering when the date arrives that you can order the FR/Cupra how many of you will order it without driving it first?

Last edited by a moderator:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
I'll be wanting a drive first for sure and wanting to know what engines they are putting in! Has to be diesel though. Would hate to order a car without driving it!

Mat

think i may go down to Autoworld, make out I'm interested just to thrash one down Dronny :D

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
no i wouldn't neither as you just don't know how a car can handle and drive before you test drive so no i wouldn't just order a car.

G!zmond0

I ordered mine here in bulgaria without test drive.These cars are not very popular and most likely the mk5 cupra will be unavailable too,so yes i will order it

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
I'd say yes if you know what spec you want.
I bought my Mk4 having never driven one before. :shrug:
But I had tried a Skoda VRS and a Polo which are both built on the same basic platform.
Knew which engine and gearbox I wanted before I knew which car!
Love the FR and the harder suspension was a pleasant surprise. :)
Guy.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

We have had a couple of orders already

We have taken deposits subject to price's obviously just means that they would be at the frist orders once everything is confirmed

Irfan

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
Would anyone order the new ibiza without test driving it first?? (did i read somewhere that Seat would be taking orders from May for the new 5 door?)

Just wondering when the date arrives that you can order the FR/Cupra how many of you will order it without driving it first?

Shoes - maybe

Car - never. UNLESS it's a premuium 4X4 or sports car, there's a three year waiting list and you're ordering within the first six months of launch.

slinemfc

No, I even tested the 1.4 Sport when I traded in my 1.2 and they were both mk4s.

KAZSTE

Jun 28, 2006
No

The car could have all sorts of issues that you may not be able to live with, ie, crashy suspension, lack of fell through steering, etc

surely it cant be worse than the current car! can it?

On a better note i have put my deposit down for the cupra, currently down for both petrol and diesel as whilst would prefer the diesel am being told by dealer a chance that it wont be available as a cupra only fr to mimic the leon. anyone else hear this as sounds strange given the fact that according to my dealer the diesel cupra far outsold the petrol one?