Wrong V5 Infomation

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
I own 2001 ibiza cupra and so does my mate the only difference is mine is blue and his is black, BUT both our V5 documents say they are 5door hatchbacks! It's obvious that it's wrong as no ibiza cupra is 5door, Is anyone else noticed this on there V5, Either me and my mate have dodgey ibiza's or it's a common mistake, Guess everybody is gonna be checking there V5's now lol, please tell me if your's say 5 or 3 door as i am very worried about my pride and joy. Thanks peeps :confused:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
A lot of V5 come back with this on. I cant for the life of me remember why now tho, i done a check for a mate and it came back with a 5 door reading.

I'll find out and let you know. Not to worry tho.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Had that before just contact the dvla and notify them that there is a mistake on the V5 and that its actually a 3 door not a 5 door and they sort it out and issue a new one:)

luke.

mine says 5door aswell but now i no its a commom mistake n i aint got a cut n shut think id contact dvla

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Thanks for the replys I think i'm gonna contact DVLA even tho it probably dosn't matter it will make me feel better when i come to sell it. Can't belive I only noticed recently!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Olly20VT said:
i think the DVLA should up date there database. derrr
i think burning it would be a better solution

deny all speed cameras i say - they cant even get a colour or body right

no sir not my car - paperwork says 5 dr and mines a 3 door :p

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
I bought mine new and the V5 came with 5 doors on it too, back in 2001. Sent it back to DVLA for correction and is now ok.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.