You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
At least you've got a fuel light. Mine just cuts out.

light comes on at a 1/4 (50 miles to go if ya lucky) then cuts out to say "i give up telling you anymore and you should know better by now driving a 16v" :lol:

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
You know you have a mk2 GTi when the 2 young kids driving a Nova pull up behind you at the lights (even though 2 lanes are free & no traffic anywhere), and you can see them both peering down their noses trying to read the badges... and see one of them mouth very slowly "G... T... I" ...then look at eachother with a puzzled look.

When Audi A3 1.820vT driver asks you "is it the turbo?"

When a mk4 Ibiza Cupra driver asks you "is it the turbo?"

When a Merc 180 Coupe tries to overtake you, you leave it in 3rd and they make no ground on you up to 80mph from 40mph and have to pull back in behind and get annoyed a little car has shown them up.

An endless list really, and the 8v isn't even that quick, just always seems to over-achieve for what it is. Been thinking about getting an S3 ...but just had the 8v serviced and it's running superb!

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
When you go to halfords to buy some touch up paint and discover one seat colour and end up buying some black magic skoda paint praying its the same!

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
An endless list really, and the 8v isn't even that quick, just always seems to over-achieve for what it is. Been thinking about getting an S3 ...but just had the 8v serviced and it's running superb!
I'm lucky as I've got both. Even though the S3 is brutally quick and capable of putting that power down whatever the weather embarrassing a lot of other cars, the Mk2 is still a hoot to drive which is why I didn't sell mine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.