You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
you know you have a valver when people ask.. do you have an induction kit? do you have an exhaust system and you say erm nope both standard mate :D

Electro Ted

GTi Ted
Dec 15, 2006
Wokingham, Berks
Yup.. you just can't beat that sound. My manager didn't believe me when I said it was standard exhaust and engine.., said it sounds as good as his Focus RS! Ha Ha!:p

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Well I know that if I had an extra couple of grand burning a whole in my pocket I'd have a 16v cupra mk2 over anything else. Love the look of them. Fancy a black one, the newest I could possibly get!
Like your idea of building one though, would love to see the look on peoples face when they hear the turbo hisssss. :D

LeeIbiza

Never had that happen to me :blink:

I find them pretty reliable! :)

something to do with the throttle body and butterfly valve being filthy? think that was it although as you can tell im not overly mechanical!

anyway whatever it was was cleaned and solved the problem, ive heard it from a few people

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when you press the brakes firmly and they work great but press em again and they go DAMN HARD - still work ok but takes more pressure than the clutch

think its master cylinder time :(:(

KERMITCUPRA

Nov 22, 2006
READING
You know when you`ve got a 16v er cause the down pipe heat shield rattles like f**k cause the welds have cracked and you can`t get at the bugger to cut the damm thing off........

Electro Ted

GTi Ted
Dec 15, 2006
Wokingham, Berks
You know you've got a MK2 Ibiza when you buy one and everyone at work starts looking at them on Auto Trader..

Currently trying to persuede our Warranty guy to get a MK2.. He's looking at Astra's at the moment! :blink:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
You know you've got a MK2 Ibiza when you buy one and everyone at work starts looking at them on Auto Trader..

Currently trying to persuede our Warranty guy to get a MK2.. He's looking at Astra's at the moment! :blink:

That'll be easy to convert him, I was looking at the Mk4 Astra Sri's randomly opened up the Auto Trader and saw the Ibiza, went to view it that day and handed the money over.... never looked back :)

R French

You know when you have a mark 2 ibiza when....

You're still recieving physio from the clutch but then need sweed therapy from the rattling dash that you cured in 3 mins, spent the next day putting back together and created 9 more in the process!.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham

You're still recieving physio from the clutch but then need sweed therapy from the rattling dash that you cured in 3 mins, spent the next day putting back together and created 9 more in the process!.

I think thats the problem im having now, its driving me insane. Thought it was coming from the engine bay but now concluded its the dash.
Slightly off topic, but how the hell do you stop it!!!!

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
the owner before you botched everything on it and it costs a fortune to correct.......!!!!
but you love driving it so it dosent really matter

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
Check the positioning of the middle silencer - If it's too close to the heatshield brace thing it will bang against it under engine load. The exhaust moves a fair amount under load..

cheers - it moves a hell of a lot more now i got coilies on bangs and wobbles :lol:

LeeIbiza

the owner before you botched everything on it and it costs a fortune to correct.......!!!!
but you love driving it so it dosent really matter

been there done that lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.