Tyre recomendations

ebo007

Jul 15, 2008
Dundee, Scotland
Its time to replace the tyres on my car, I have the standard wheels still on. I curently have Pirelli P zero's on the back and some Yoko's on the front.
I'm lookng at some Eagle F1 on camskill.co.uk @ £55 which look ok, Just wondered what everyone else has on there's?
Thanks

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I had the eagle f1'a when i had my original 16' rims and they were a very good tyre for the price... good in the wet and a great dry weather trye to. Bought mt 17' OZ's and they came with brand new Toyo Proxes T1-S. Again a very good tyre. Had them on 6months now and still have good tred left on all four but specially and importantly the fronts. Cheapo tyres will get minced on a front wheel drive car like ours. The Toyos seem and popular choice on this forum... and they are resonabily priced!

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
Toyo are a good choice, I get mine for about £50, I've tried Proxes 4's and T1R's, and I probably prefer the T1R's. I use R888's on a different car so I am a bit of a Toyo fan.

Jamie P

May 13, 2008
Helston, Cornwall
I had Toyo Proxe T1-S on my old wheels, and loved them in the dry, but shite in the wet tbh!

I now have Yokohama S Drives on the new wheels, and cant fault them! Great in dry and wet!

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
proxys not the best i the wet and wear too quickly for my liking in the dry, awesome grip in the dry though

Now have F1's and can't fault them, also have some uniroyal rain sports in the garage good write up on them for the wet.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
TR1-s are useless in the wet and not the best in the dry from my experience. Eagle F1s are what i have on the rear and they're fantastic! Guna be putting some on the from after the winter.
I have my winter runners on atm with Yoko (somethings) on the front and Avon (somethings) on the rear and both are surprisingly good on this weather! They cost about £60 a corner so should be reasonable!

ian_cupra

tried goodyear f1's, toyo t1-r and t1-s, goodyears were by far the better of the lot, and goodyears are proven around the track in both wet and dry, (in the wet was only just slower than the dry)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Uniroyal Rainsport 2's ftw :D

Had four new ones fitted last week, got them for £57 a corner from Camskill

Yet to give them a real pounding but initial impressions are very good. I took them out when the roads were greasy and didn't get any loss of traction

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
I used both toyo t1-r's and t1-s's. Good tyres liked them alot. Then got a good deal on eagle f1's. Stick just as good prob abit better and last longer. Will be what ill be gettin when time to change tyres. They make curbing your alloys pretty impossible aswell with the rim protection lol.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.