Terms of registration
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from data loss, financial loss, damage to property, or any injury arising in connection with the use of this website or the content contained within.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We reserve the right to provide information linked to your account to law enforcement agencies, in the event of legal action arising from any activity you have undertaken on this site.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register, or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Inappropriate content (applies to the public forums and private conversations function)
- Offensive usernames, profile pictures, cover photos and signatures will not be tolerated.
- Content that upsets others, is offensive, threatening, or bullying will not be tolerated.
- Do not openly share your personal information on the public forums, and do not share details of others in private conversations.
- Do not post content that could be deemed as libellous or defamatory about an individual, company or organisation.
- Do not try to bypass the software's swear filter.
- Do not link to external websites or sources that are likely to cause offence, including, pornography, violent, racist or sexist material, and anything that would be deemed unlawful.
- Discussion of racing on the public highway or any other illegal activity will not be tolerated.
- Do not post links, gifs or images which contain violent, racist or sexist material or material which could be seen as offensive or unlawful in any way.
- Posting any images, gifs or images of pornographic material will result in an instant ban.
- Do not post copyrighted material from other sites or sources.
Personal business advertising
- Personal advertising of your business or promotion of a company you work for is not permitted, this includes on your cover photo, as your forum name, in your signature, or in any of your posts. If you would like to advertise (and support the forums at the same time) please email [email protected]
- Do not attempt to sell cars or parts outside of the for sale or wanted section (please see the full rules on selling and buying items below)
- Do not post "thinking of selling" or "what's it worth" threads to bypass the formal selling and wanted process and rules.
- Do not post the same thing in multiple forums, if you don't think there is a forum that fits or is relevant to multiple users contact one of the team for advice
- Group buys need to be approved prior to publication, please contact one of the team.
For sale and wanted rules
Eligibility to advertise
Only personally owned cars and parts can be sold on the site. No commercial posting allowed except for our sponsors who have their own section on the site. Other items are not permitted to be sold.
To be able to post in the for sale and wanted section members need to be an "Active member". This is to protect our community from spammers and the site from people who just want to use our free service to sell a car and not contribute.
Active members must meet the following criteria:
- They have posted at least 5 messages (of value to the community - spamming the threads to get posts count up will be frowned upon by the moderators)
- They have received at least 2 likes from other members (showing they have contributed to the community)
- They have been registered for at least 14 days
Adverts must contain the following
- A clear title describing the car or part for sale
- A clear price, or at worst "offers around"
- A description
- How best to contact the seller
- Images (if available)
Adverts must not contain any of the following
- No stolen cars or parts
- No damaged or fake parts likely to cause injury
- No links to other sites where you are also advertising, this includes eBay, PistonHeads, Autotrader etc.
For sale and wanted code of conduct for buyers and sellers
Placing an advert on this site means you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- You are the legal owner of the item offered - i.e. items posted on behalf of someone else will be deleted.
- All adverts are provided as-is and are placed entirely at the posters risk. We cannot be held liable in the event of a claim arising from a dispute over an item listed on this site. Where possible we can help to contact the buyer / seller if a problem occurs and we ask that you report any for sale or wanted issues contact one of the team instead of posting the problem on the forums for mass speculation.
- Buyer Beware!! SEATCupra.net does not in way warrant or guarantee the For Sale and Wanted section of the forum. Any monetary loss is at the risk of the buyer and seller.
- Any adverts placed outside of the For Sale and Wanted section should be reported to a moderator and should be ignored as it could be a scam if they are avoiding following our rules.
- It is the duty of the seller to accurately describe the item(s) for sale and set a clear price as per the rules. Any extra charges such as delivery charges must be agreed with the buyer.
- If you enter into an agreement on price and delivery charges, you cannot then go back on that agreement. (once the agreement has been settled)
- Payment is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to negotiate, and any payment should be made promptly.
- The seller must post or dispatch by courier/mail, the item in a reasonable period. It is also good practice to inform the buyer when the item has been despatched. If the item is worth a considerable amount, recorded/special delivery or postal insurance should be considered.
- Buyers should allow a reasonable amount of time for items to arrive if it has been despatched, and upon arrival the item should be checked immediately.
- Any seller or buyer that fails to meet their obligation on any For Sale agreement will be barred from using the for-sale and wanted section, or even removed from the forum entirely. Note that in the case of theft or fraud, all information regarding logs, IP addresses, email information will be passed to the relevant authorities upon request.
- Once an item has sold, we would be grateful if you closed / deleted your thread contact one of the team if you need help
- All the for-sale and wanted threads have a 45-day limit whereupon your post will be removed.
Breaches of these rules
We have these rules to make sure the site remains the number 1 community for SEAT and CUPRA owners as a friendly and trustworthy place to share our passion for cars, get advice, share advice, and have fun.
A breach of these rules will be dealt with appropriately.
If you feel that any member is in breach of these rules, please use the reporting mechanisms in the forum (you will see a report button below each post) or you can contact one of the team.
Last updated: 19/08/2020